Lost a friend and family member...

Beefcake

Elite Member
Unfortunately, I come today with a heavy heart. Our family lost our beloved pet Niko this morning. He was a great dog and was loved by everyone in the house. He was beautiful and friendly to everyone. He died in his sleep from what must have been heart failure. He is already missed by everyone, especially my two girls...they don't quite understand it yet. He was 9 years old.

Attachments

• niko.jpg
    niko.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 209
Dang Brian I sure am sorry for your loss. Only the people that have and REALLY love animals could understand what the loss of a pet means. I feel for ya buddy, and pray the pain goes away soon.:(:yes:

Sorry for your loss Beef.. I know the feeling all too well... The avatar I use was my 6 year old Anatolian Shepherd that passed last year..

I'm really sorry to hear that. Dogs are family members and their loss is a very sad moment.

Feeling your lose

Believe me Brian, I know how you feel. A few years ago we lost our dog "Bubba", who we had for over 17 years. Like losing a family member. He now has a nice spot under a St. Francis statue in our yard.

Thanks for the words folks... I appreciate your sympathy. It's been a rough day, I had to go straight to work after burying him, but talking to people makes it better... I'm just glad that he went like he did... I couldn't bear seeing him suffer.

It is hard to put anything to words when something like this happens. I hope your family can find a thought that helps with dealing with your loss.

Hurts bad, I know. I've lost 2 great German Sheps in my time, both times I thought "this is not worth it" but of course I was wrong.
The years of pleasure and company one gets from a dog are priceless, and we just have to accept that their metabolisms are much higher than ours, and hence their life span is much shorter.

After my first one died I went almost 2 years before considering another one. After the 2nd, I only waited about a month.
I enjoy every minute I spend with my dog, knowing that a few years down the road I am going to be in a world of pain again ... But thats the price we have to pay to be priviledged to have such fine companions.

Sorry for you loss Brian. I've lost a lot of pets through the years and it is always tuff. Perhaps another dog in the future would help your girls.

Back
Top Bottom