Why'd you choose that name?

I've had the name Detector for years even before the Internet. I ran a local BBS(bulletin board), TnT's BBS, back in the 80's. People had always seen me swinging a detector around town so they called me that guy with the detector. It later got shortened to Detector.

I was feeling ridiculously upbeat (probably over-caffeinated) when I signed up. :roll: I've wanted to change it since, but...
And by the way, I LOVE this forum!!!
And yes, I'm drinking coffee, why do you ask? :?: :P ;) :lol: :lol:

Good question!

Mine is straightforward - first and middle name. :)

B. Positive said:
I was feeling ridiculously upbeat (probably over-caffeinated) when I signed up. :roll:

:lol:

I think it's a good one though. :)

Mine has been with me since I got onto computers, started way back with a game on a BBS, It was a war game/shoot em up with planes, and as I am British I chose Spitfire, the 2 t's came about because I lost my email name one time and couldn't get the original back. For those who don't know planes...the Spitfire was instrumental in winning the war, it was a firecracker of a plane and describes my personality to a "T"
(or 2 T's) :bouncy: :bouncy:

Believe it or not, i had someone on a different forum ask me what kind of detector I was using! :lol:

Mine - (Ozzy Kopec) is from two last names of former high school classmates. The Ozzy is a bastardized version of the last name, but close enough. Been using it so long I even got some Ozzy Kopec mailing labels sent to me. Love having an alias name when posting on the WWW :saint:

Stlll training people it is Ozzy not Ozzie :roll:

Mine is the combination of a few things. I am quite fond of Guinness (the beer) and Soccer (Football everywhere else).

Therefore "Guinness Football Club" or "GuinnessFC"

cheers

I have no idea,But I had this name since 97 when I first got a PC.
It started out as just my online gaming name,but then as I joined forums,and other things I had to many names out there and coulnt remember them all. So I use "ProfitOfDoom" for everything,forums,games,email,so I only have to remember one name :)
The wife gets embarases when people ask us for our email,like the tax place,school,and her work and she tell them ProfitOfDoom "lol I get a kick out of it" So I made her one for herself.

user18 said:
"epi" is short for what I do (pharmacoepidemiologist). And easier to spell too :shock: :lol:

Good thing thats not an ailment Epi otherwise I think it would be terminal :D

Cfmct-PI said:
user18 said:
"epi" is short for what I do (pharmacoepidemiologist). And easier to spell too :shock: :lol:

Good thing thats not an ailment Epi otherwise I think it would be terminal :D

My head is spinning from trying to pronounce the word. :shock:

I like Epi better. :)

Back
Top Bottom