Hello from Pennsylvania!

Katniss

I just can not stop reading about metal detecting and I don't even have a detector yet, lol. The husband and I are from the Pittsburgh area and are planning on an AT Pro for our first machine. We live on 2 acres right on top of old coal mines, you can still see some huge craters on the property from back then. I'm not sure if that will make it difficult to learn our machine here or not. A few years ago our house was burglarized and we lost all our jewelry down to our wedding rings, hopefully we'll come up with a find or two eventually that we can wear. Right now I'm mostly excited to start a hobby that will get us off the couch and into the woods. I'm glad to meet you all, this looks like a great community!

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your future purchase of the AT Pro.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Welcome from Pennsylvania as well. I'm from Indiana county, and our area is rich in history,especially coal towns. Good luck to you and your husband! Don't get discouraged at first, keep at it. It seems like you have a good outlook on the hobby, that's great you want to just get outdoors, because although we all hope treasure awaits us in every hunt, this is not the case. We dig lots of trash as well. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site, ask questions and you'll be met with insightful respect.

I also see that you are planning on buying a Garrett. I use an AT pro as well, so if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message. It's a simple enough machine, but they all take some practice to get used to. A big part of success is knowing your machine.

Welcome from the South Hills of Pgh. Always glad to see a new member / hobbyist. I started with an AT Pro 3 yrs ago, good choice, its a great machine-user friendly-waterproof and Garrett customer service can't be beat. Also recommend picking up a pinpointer. It will speed up recovery significantly. Again welcome. Mark

I just can not stop reading about metal detecting and I don't even have a detector yet, lol. The husband and I are from the Pittsburgh area and are planning on an AT Pro for our first machine. We live on 2 acres right on top of old coal mines, you can still see some huge craters on the property from back then. I'm not sure if that will make it difficult to learn our machine here or not. A few years ago our house was burglarized and we lost all our jewelry down to our wedding rings, hopefully we'll come up with a find or two eventually that we can wear. Right now I'm mostly excited to start a hobby that will get us off the couch and into the woods. I'm glad to meet you all, this looks like a great community!

Welcome aboard Katniss and family.

I bought my first Metal Detector when I bought a new property (5 acres) and fell in love with the sport.

I am sorry to hear about your losses due to robbery ..for me Robbers are the worst kind of scum.. I don't care how much you need the money.
I hope you find something to replace your rings although you can never "replace" them but it will be very special for you to find some cool rings together.. sort of like shopping for them together all over again..

Good luck From Southern Oregon

Back
Top Bottom