First day with the Carrot.. WOW!

Seaking406

Elite Member
If you don't have a pin pointer now, you have to get one.. I know I am very new to this hobby but wow, what a game changer having a pin pointer with you when dirt fishing!

Though I learned how to do reasonably accurate pin pointing with the ACE 250 and the large coil, it was still somewhat hit and miss at times when locating weird objects.. I'm very persistent so I'd be in a hole a while trying to figure out where that object is according to the signals..

But the pin pointer.. it's so simple to use.. my gosh, so well worth the cost!!

Just waiting for nice weather to come back..

cheers

Chinese knock off

Until I find something that will pay for the real deal, I bought the GP Pointer from China off eBay
You Tube reviews looked ok, so I thought Id start with that until i find a diamond ring to buy a new AT Pro And Garrett pin-pointer!

Anyone else try those knock offs?
I can't wait for the slow boat to get here!

Getting back into this hobby and have only hunted with my Garrett AT Pointer once. That said I don’t know how I did without! Great tool.

I too have the at pro pointer my first hunt I took it with in the back pack thought yeah maybe I’ll give it a try sometime not seeing the purpose while hunting and having trouble finding targets I forgot I even had it . Next hunt I remembered and tried it wow 😮 I love it so much it’s nice in dry sand when you get shallow targets no hole needed just pinpoint and grab the handful so nice lol. Congrats on the buy hope you get to use it soon HH.

Sometimes the carrot is all a person needs...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 9.43.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 9.43.26 PM.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 147
If you don't have a pin pointer now, you have to get one.. I know I am very new to this hobby but wow, what a game changer having a pin pointer with you when dirt fishing!

Though I learned how to do reasonably accurate pin pointing with the ACE 250 and the large coil, it was still somewhat hit and miss at times when locating weird objects.. I'm very persistent so I'd be in a hole a while trying to figure out where that object is according to the signals..

But the pin pointer.. it's so simple to use.. my gosh, so well worth the cost!!

Just waiting for nice weather to come back..

cheers

I agree. I said the same thing when I finally got my TRX. I never MD without it now.

I love my Garrett carrot pin pointer. When I get a good signal I first pin point with the AT Pro detector. I then use the carrot and narrow it down to almost right on the money. I then dig my plug. I found this method usually keeps the plug much smaller. Works for me.
Bubbaron Nox 600, AT Pro, AT Carrot, Garrett 8 x 6" Coil

I love my Garrett carrot pin pointer. When I get a good signal I first pin point with the AT Pro detector. I then use the carrot and narrow it down to almost right on the money. I then dig my plug. I found this method usually keeps the plug much smaller. Works for me.
Bubbaron Nox 600, AT Pro, AT Carrot, Garrett 8 x 6" Coil

That's what I find as well, locate, pinpoint and dig.. not the locate, search search, was this it? where did it go now? this lump that lump.. Ahh there it is.. Nope, that wasn't it.. now it's gone..

So much quicker and easier with a Pin Pointer =)

Won't leave home without it, went out a few weeks back and 15 minutes into the hunt the battery went dead. I turned off the detector and went right back home.

I am glad I have mine! Tremendous help when trying to locate something small. I have it attached right to my finds bag.

I bought one but havent used it yet.. ive spent lots of time digging bigger and wider holes so im certain this will help! (along with the eq600 ;) )

I am about to send mine back in for repair.
I swear I have to first check it is working by putting it near my pole first before using.. a LOT of times it is on but doesn't work.. a simple reboot fixes it but it seems to be getting worse..

however.. I don't want the downtime of it being sent back and forth in the mail..

Back
Top Bottom