Check your change.

Usa

Elite Member
Hey.I have never dug any silver but I have occasionally found it in loose pocket change. What old or silver coins have you all found.? Also I have permission to detect a 1800 s abandoned house on a property I deer and turkey hunt. The house is fully intact and standing and is a three level.where should I look for silver inside the House?

Attachments

• 1521556080846-854440879.jpg
    1521556080846-854440879.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 304
I think you will have more luck outside around the clothes line area and around/under the porch.

Some people have found stuff in dirt basement floors but unless you have a reason to suspect a lost cache more likely you will only have dropped coins outside.

Ray

All the change I get back from cashiers has been duds. Still have some stashes to go through though to keep me busy until the snow melts.

Mostly duds coming back from a cashier unless I ask specifically and sometimes they’ll hook me up. I roll hunt and have done pretty decent with half dollars, found a lot of dimes and quarters both silver and clad metal detecting. Also found an 1857 half dime the other day while metal detecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly duds coming back from a cashier unless I ask specifically and sometimes they’ll hook me up. I roll hunt and have done pretty decent with half dollars, found a lot of dimes and quarters both silver and clad metal detecting. Also found an 1857 half dime the other day while metal detecting.

. What do you mean by ask specifically?and what is roll hunting?

Roll hunting is getting rolls of coins from the bank or credit union and searching them for silver coins.

I have dug silver coins but have never found one in change.

My last silver from change was a '64 quarter. Two more quarters before that in the last five years.

Found 1,000+ silver dimes and about 1,000 40% silver halves between 2009-2014. Many 90% halves. Barbers, Walkers, 100+ mercs and 150+ silver Canadian dimes. Over one dozen rolls of solid silver halves. About 50+ solid rolls of wheats and two solid rolls of steel wheats. All found via roll hunting.

. What do you mean by ask specifically?and what is roll hunting?

So for roll hunting I go to my local bank and normally get 1-2k dollars worth of coins and search them for silver. If you get to know some of the cashiers at local convenience stores, they’ll hold onto silver coins for you if they’re not into collecting themselves.

If your a hunter or a fishermen I would say it's time to buy a detector . It is the most addicting hobbie I know of

Try the furnace cold air furnace return ducts, ????
Long time ago about 1978 (long before coin star machines)
I had a paper route, every day I would check the coin return slot of a phone booth,
I found a buffalo nickel in it one day.

Back
Top Bottom