Can I count this as a find....

61Cadillac

Elite Member
I got back into detecting in 2012. Hit it hard since then, much harder than my wife was happy about. I've saved every coin I've found in all that time. And I do mean EVERY COIN! Down to the last stinkin' Zincoln. Last week my lawn tractor died. I have 3/4 of an acre of grass to cut. Not having many options, and much MUCH to my dismay I decided to cash all those coins (less the silvers) in to help finance a new mower. Believe me it KILLED me to do this! So with that said I turned one into the other. With that said can I count my "New to me" mower as a find???
Thoughts?
I'll feel a lot better about this if I can.

Attachments

• 20170627_095406[822].jpg
    20170627_095406[822].jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 259
  • mower.jpg
    mower.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 277
That's a danged nice mower! What are you saving clad for, if not to but yourself something nice with it?

I would if it was me! You found the coins, found the mower, turned the coins into the mower, not only is it a find, it's magical! :yes:

You simply converted your finds into another find :lol:

VERY nice mower, congrats on your "find" :lol:

Look at it this way, if it wasn't for your finds you might have a credit card bill to pay off !

.....you could always modify it to help you hunt more finds while you mow to replace the finds you used,
......here is an example :laughing::laughing::laughing:

mower2.jpg

Very nice machine! I'm gonna turn my clad into a new AT Max.... I'm .67¢ into it... I'm on a roll... :laughing:

I would say yes, count it! That's one really nice mower too!
I only started in 2015 but I also have every coin Iv'e dug so far.
I think it's great you had it when you needed it most, Love this hobby!

Nice job on the exchange......:yes: (I know you don't live too far from me, so could you swing by once in awhile and help me cut my yard? We have 10 acres, and 4 of it is lawn.....:lol::lol:)

I got back into detecting in 2012. Hit it hard since then, much harder than my wife was happy about. I've saved every coin I've found in all that time. And I do mean EVERY COIN! Down to the last stinkin' Zincoln. Last week my lawn tractor died. I have 3/4 of an acre of grass to cut. Not having many options, and much MUCH to my dismay I decided to cash all those coins (less the silvers) in to help finance a new mower. Believe me it KILLED me to do this! So with that said I turned one into the other. With that said can I count my "New to me" mower as a find???
Thoughts?
I'll feel a lot better about this if I can.

Not the typical upgrade, but yeah, you can count it as a bit of awesome. :)b

With that "ZERO TURN" you'll be amazed at the time you save,
compared to a lawn tractor.
You'll have so much free time to get back to swinging the coil,
unless the wife finds other chores? :lol:
Maybe :?: teach her how that "CLAD CHOPPER" cuts.....?
Good purchase !:D

Hey, just thought of an idea to get permissions if they say no at first, then say you'll mow their lawn if you can detect there afterwards :lol:

I don't know if I would count it as a find but it's a good way to justify spending a lot of time metal detecting. I kept my clad for several months after I restarted metal detecting but I finally started putting it into my daughters bank account for her future. There isn't much interesting about a bunch of dirty modern coins. I do keep track of how much I find and take pictures of finds after every hunt. I have never sold any old coins, jewelry or artifacts though. I might sell jewelry someday but not yet.

That certainly is a tangible way to show that this Hobby has some residual payback value!
Nice stack of rolls there......A stack of clad aint gonna get the grass cut just sitting there! You did good!

Great investment! You gotta do what you gotta do. I wish I saved all my change but its usually goes to cumbys coffee or a cold vending machine sodee pop :lol. Happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom