head cams

Jae.999

Elite Member
Folks I'm sure this questions been asked before but I gotta ask. Im looking to purchase a head cam but have no clue about them....They all vary in price but which brand/model would be suffice? Thanks!

Check out this one from Monoprice as well: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...id=1170401&p_id=10159&seq=1&format=4#feedback

I have not bought one yet, but think I'm going to pull the trigger. Read the reviews. I'm comfortable with some of the cautions (most common 2: mediocre audio and lack of stabilization built-in), but might not meet your needs, particularly if you're hoping to narrate the video while hunting.

And for anyone not familiar with Monoprice, they are awesome for just about any audio/video cable & connector needs. I found them years ago when HDMI cables were $60+, and they already had them <$10. I've always had excellent experiences with them. No affiliation, just simply a happy customer!

Good luck, and HH!
Rich

Check out PivotHead video glases. Bart just posted a video of G4E and he that they did with that setup, and it's really good! 1080p, and in the $300 neighborhood. The 720p is under $200.

I also use the GoPro. Great HD camera plus a lot of accessories to mount it. I use the chestmount so I can leave the headphones on. Also you can buy the handle bar mount for it and put on your detector. Simple to download and is very compatible with Windows Movie Maker program and easy to upload to Youtube. You can find a lot of good used ones through Craigslist. I would also buy a extra battery pac and make sure you get a good video SD card for it. Make sure you get the waterproof case for it in case you want to submerge it looking for water finds. Google and Youtube is your friend when doing your research. I personally use the GoPro Hero 2. Does everything I need it to do. I bought mine LNIB for 180.00 from someone who just did not use it.

i use Xdreme camera. It has a lot of accessories and functions but it's quite heavy to use as head cam i suppose.
For head cam i think you should be looking at smallest housing you can find (usually those round ones), maybe even with battery and memory unit separated from the camera itself and connected via a cable.

bskerj is right. First thing to do is buying extra batteries - rechargeable of course. With one battery only you will film 3-4 hours only...

Back
Top Bottom