Token Town coughs up another one

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I got done early at work today so I decided to hit up my usual stops on the hour drive home.

First I went to the park in Plaza, ND. I've had good luck there so I figured I'd see if there was any more I missed.
First decent signal was a low tone with a hint of high tone with it. I figured it was probably junk but decided to dig it anyway. I popped the plug out and there in the hole is two coins.....a nickel and a penny ( figured out right away what was causing the weird double tone).
Ended up being a 1917-D Buffalo and a 44-D Wheatie.
At that point I was cool with not getting anything else, but I kept on detecting since I had only been there for all of 10 minutes.
I went around the park digging nothing but junk. I was getting ready to leave when I came across a high tone at about 4". I popped the plug and realized I re-dug an old beer can I had left in the ground from earlier this summer.
I put the plug back in after taking the can out this time. I went over it to see if there was anything else and got another high tone. I figured it was a piece of the can but figured I'd check anyway.
I dug right next to the original plug and noticed something dirty and round.....a big old token! Score!
That park has now given me 5 tokens, 4 of which were from Hagen & Erickson's store and that makes 8 for that town!

After that I left to make another stop in Ryder, ND at the park there.
I figured I wouldn't find much since I've never had good luck there. Well, first plug I popped kicked out a 1903 Indianhead! I hunted for another 45 minutes digging 3 wheats and a deep Zincoln.

All in all it was a good day of digging.
b7044b52cef605881d959334f3e6fcca.jpg
8fe194fca1786eb68a48bb0a2d82cc6a.jpg
d217cc54cd779bd0e47ce63766aa294a.jpg
5e049b19783c0cd9648c2a2ffc190202.jpg
26539d919823b54a21d64f0b7ac838ee.jpg
094326fc8f0b24c01c996efc10ece18f.jpg
e55956f161efcf2bad92a29a67575ed1.jpg
a7e7ecbbe096e8d2354f031bce58e8d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Every time I open your posts I'm so jealous of your kind soil and how nice your finds look! Congrats on more great finds! I feel like you've found hundreds of injuns so far this year.:lol:

wow, amazing condition coins. That token even has a date, which most don't
great finds, I'm jealous. Congrats.
Thanks Mikey! That soil up here is very nice to coins! Only setback is that you won't find anything before 1890's for the most part. Still plenty of old stuff to dig though!

Every time I open your posts I'm so jealous of your kind soil and how nice your finds look! Congrats on more great finds! I feel like you've found hundreds of injuns so far this year.[emoji38]
Thanks wave! I've dug more Injuns this year than I've dug from 2014 through 2017 combined.....those things are jumping out of the ground for me!
This was one of the more crusty Injuns I've ever dug......why I'm not sure.....but still has some great detail. I think that Injun brings me up to 23 for the year....insane!

Another neat Token, another ho hum Indian (for you), a very nice Buffalo and a few Wheat's. That is some very nice for a trip home. Congrats Tundra on some very nice recoveries. Trapper

Another neat Token, another ho hum Indian (for you), a very nice Buffalo and a few Wheat's. That is some very nice for a trip home. Congrats Tundra on some very nice recoveries. Trapper
Thanks Trapper! I thought for sure the Indian was going to clean up nice but that crust on it is stuck.....guess they all can't clean up super nice. Still a good find in my book.....the token was the prize for the day though. I've dug that same token 4 times now in that town.

Back
Top Bottom