daisy squirt gun update

Bounder

I cleaned up the gun about as much as I dare without damaging it. The big news is that I got it working. It took a lot of oilsoaking and moving things with a pliers but it is now fully operational. You load it by sticking the barrel tip in water and pushing in the lever under the barrel. You then have 6 shots. As each shot is fired, the plunger moves back out a little.

Attachments

• 0910180933a-2.jpg
    0910180933a-2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 420
  • 0910180933.jpg
    0910180933.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 324
You did well my friend.
c41850f863d29644ef0263a440dc9cdc.jpg

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

thanx

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them all. This is a very solitary hobby. Only once in the last 2 seasons have I seen another detectorist and that was at a distance and for some reason, when he saw me, he took off out the back way of the preserve.

Nice find and nice work on the cleanup. One swinger in two years and I see that many nearly every hour at the beach. I counted 8 other coil swingers from where I was standing and that was just those that I could be certain what they were doing Every tourist that visits brings their metal detector to the beach.

A six shooter squirt gun? If I had ever heard of that when I was a kid, I would've begged and cried and stomped my feet, and then maybe mowed a lawn or something to get one of those. Very cool find, and kinda shocking you got it working! :shock:

Also, I don't remember the last time I saw anyone detecting, besides the utility workers.

If the finish is still pretty solid on the gun, you may want to try a little vinegar to help clean some of the rust off the finish. If the finish is bubbled up then the vinegar will just remove the loose finish.

People use vinegar on tools to take the rust off and it works real well.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom