Thomahawk or Knife?

Lil Worm6

Elite Member
Man I just wished I was lucky enough to find something like that to be able to ask that question.

I'm going with tomahawk.......hey I'm a Braves fan.

I can see if my friend knows.Could even be a scraper. I will copy the pic and send it to him on FB in case nobody else answers.

Looks to me like a hide scraper, though I have been wrong before, as my ex-wife will verify...:foottap:

Ok..my take.. obviously a blade tool..often..a tool would be modified..in this case..a nice smooth half moon..ideal for scraping meat from bones..or shaping and shaving wood..for example a spear shaft.. I have found smaller examples used to shape arrow shafts.. excellent ..easy to find arrow points..but cool tools are not so common..a tomahawk..would not be sharp where it was bound to the handle..it would cut the binding..it's not a tomahawk..it's a damn nice whatzit multi purpose Native American tool..congrats

Last edited:
So far my friend was thinking scraper but he needed a pic of the other side since i only sent him the first pic.

it's a ROCK. LOL that has been worked into a tool of some sort. just playin around................

A crude knife or flesher if anything. Hard to tell from the pictures but doesn't show the work a scraper would. Found a lot of stuff through the years that looks like it may have been something (which it could have, anything could have) but a lot of it is just how it is broke. That piece if worked is minimal.

A crude knife or flesher if anything. Hard to tell from the pictures but doesn't show the work a scraper would. Found a lot of stuff through the years that looks like it may have been something (which it could have, anything could have) but a lot of it is just how it is broke. That piece if worked is minimal.

Oh I agree..things like nice little thumb scrapers are finely knapped...yeah it's a bit crude..and broken tools got modified instead of discarded...but it is definitely worked..that's clearly visible.. I could close my eyes and feel it and tell you it has been worked...just saying..

Back
Top Bottom