Other hobbies or hobbies that didn't work out.

heck, i can't remember all the hobbies i've tried to get into. from fly fishing to geocaching...
one i've always wanted to get into is carpentry/woodworking. Never had the cash flow/ space for a wood shop and tools.

What I find interesting about this post is that no one claims to be a video game expert, professional couch sitter, or sedentary consultant.

Tells me that folks that metal detect are active, creative, and curious about what makes things tick.

Traits that escape so many young people today. Yep, refreshing.

I tried drinking and chasing wild women. Two things that stood out about that action. My wallet was always empty and my finds bag always ended up filled with trash. Now at least I come home with a bag full of clad and still a bit of trash.:lol:

Mid 60's it was coin collecting. Lost interest. Muzzleloading hunting and shooting with a friend for a number of years until he passed away. The fun and fellowship was then missing and I haven't shot one in years. Did a lot of ammo reloading for years. To save money and produce ammo that was very accurate. Now i only go to the range when one of my Grandsons wants to go shoot up Grandpa's ammo. I planted a garden for years but that is now like work plus garden spot is not too shady. So i spend a bit of time metal detecting.

One hobby that didn't work out...and a bunch that did.

Hobbies other than MDing? In 8th grade I started collecting stamps but soon got bored with that, especially when I got my first MD and soon found bottles with it (and the rest is, as they say, history). Through the years got into cars, antique and transistor radios, model cars, antique toy cars, railroad insulators and date nails, records (1920s jazz, 50s-70s oldies,Beatles etc), Hi-Fi and electronics, vintage Hot Rod and music magazines, old beer & pop cans, old advertising signs, trays, thermometers, clocks,tins, oil cans, local historical photos, fixing and selling lawn mowers, attending auctions... You get the picture. And I still do all of it so I always keep busy.

Back
Top Bottom