You never know what tomorrow will bring

I know that Ski made the best set of headphones that I have ever had. too bad they were stolen when my car was broken into. He has many skills that most of us don't have.

I know that Ski made the best set of headphones that I have ever had. too bad they were stolen when my car was broken into. He has many skills that most of us don't have.
And you my friend like so many here on the forum has the biggest skills of all, the skill of kindness.

head phones

As i recall a lot of people on here liked the head phones you made . You might as a side line make some and sell on here there is always a marker for headphones and headphone repair. Good luck on your new job glad one opened up quick for you. After you learn that new sewing machine there might be a good market for well made finds pouches as well.

Job update

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday. I got the job at the bomb suite factory as I previously mentioned and decided to give it a try even though I highly doubted that I would enjoy sewing 8 hours a day. Anyways I got another call for an interview yesterday at a place that does the type of things that I like to do. 15 minutes after the interview I got a call back telling me that they would like to have me as part of their team. I am so excited to start working there starting this coming Monday. The people seem so friendly and the factory is spotless and pretty high tech. This is where I will be working https://www.defelsko.com/

Many years ago I have done satellite work for the founder of the company who sadly has passed.

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday. I got the job at the bomb suite factory as I previously mentioned and decided to give it a try even though I highly doubted that I would enjoy sewing 8 hours a day. Anyways I got another call for an interview yesterday at a place that does the type of things that I like to do. 15 minutes after the interview I got a call back telling me that they would like to have me as part of their team. I am so excited to start working there starting this coming Monday. The people seem so friendly and the factory is spotless and pretty high tech. This is where I will be working https://www.defelsko.com/

Many years ago I have done satellite work for the founder of the company who sadly has passed.

I just pulled up their site...very cool! Especially the 'Trade Shows' they attend!...Good on ya Whiz!

congradulations on the new job

Sounds like some thing you might enjoy , glad you got it.:dingding::excited:

Congrats on the even better job! I have to say though if you have the skills, which we all know you do, and the time, you really should try to build up a side business on your own. Being an employee is the riskiest position to be in, take advantage now that you will have a steady income to build up your side business into something feasible so if/when you get laid off again you won't suffer like 99% of the population.

SkiWhiz

You repaired a pair of pro gold head phones years ago and still using them now. If you were to think of a side job. Look into making a pair of waterproof head phones for the Equinox. As there are none from Minelab. And there is one guy that is taking a stab at them he is charging 150.00 plus shipping. With your skills this would be a walk in the park. Plus the Minelab phones are going to be the Koss. That everyone hates. Good luck in what ever you go in to.

I have been through some of the same things you have when my dad passed in 62 mom had to sell the milk cows and we moved to town.

I was thinking about your agricultural background you may enjoy what I do now. I work as a field enumerator it's only part-time and I set my own hours and days that I work It's a great way to pick up some extra cash. Its nationwide and they always seem to be looking for help.

here is a link with more info https://s3.amazonaws.com/nasda2/media/Pages/NASDA_Hiring_Brochure_v2.pdf?mtime=20171025135640

I have been through some of the same things you have when my dad passed in 62 mom had to sell the milk cows and we moved to town.

I was thinking about your agricultural background you may enjoy what I do now. I work as a field enumerator it's only part-time and I set my own hours and days that I work It's a great way to pick up some extra cash. Its nationwide and they always seem to be looking for help.

here is a link with more info https://s3.amazonaws.com/nasda2/media/Pages/NASDA_Hiring_Brochure_v2.pdf?mtime=20171025135640

I'm On it! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! "Field Enumerator" you say? So all a guy has to do is drive around and talk to Farmers? Take some notes? The Dot Guv pays a guy for this? Sheeit! Where have you been all my Life? Dammit! :laughing:

I'll be the best 'Field Enumerator' you have ever seen! I aint kidding either! Is it like trapping alfalfa field gophers sort of? Corn field coons/muskrats or bean field whistlepigs? I'm your Huckleberry right here! Can I use you as a reference?

Attachments

• coons.jpg
    coons.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 37
I'm On it! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! "Field Enumerator" you say? So all a guy has to do is drive around and talk to Farmers? Take some notes? The Dot Guv pays a guy for this? Sheeit! Where have you been all my Life? Dammit! :laughing:

I'll be the best 'Field Enumerator' you have ever seen! I aint kidding either! Is it like trapping alfalfa field gophers sort of? Corn field coons/muskrats or bean field whistlepigs? I'm your Huckleberry right here! Can I use you as a reference?

Damn those critters are cute.. Too bad they have to grow up to be rabid trash digging little varmints.

Back
Top Bottom