VERY short hunt...called on account of rain, but new oldest coin

pryan67

Forum Supporter
So I went out with my friend to my brother in law's house to detect today before the rain hit...as we get out of the car, it starts raining...no big deal for me, but my friend has a Tesoro so he sat in the car to wait for it to pass...only took about 5 minutes, then it stopped and he started detecting...unfortunately it started raining again and didn't seem to let up, so we called it a day after about 20 minutes of detecting...

on the plus side, I found three copper memorials, a 1950 wheatie, and my new oldest coin...a 1910 wheatie! I was excited as I've mainly found clad...so it was worth the trip. That's definitely some place to go back to, as we only did a tenth of his front yard.

The 1910 was only a couple inches down on the curb strip...so I'm hopeful to find some silver

Congrats on the wheats! I have a Tesoro and hunt in the rain all the time. Just put a sandwich bag over the control box with a rubber band... ;)

Congrats on the wheats! I have a Tesoro and hunt in the rain all the time. Just put a sandwich bag over the control box with a rubber band... ;)

We didn't expect the rain to hit us that quickly...

went back after the rain for about an hour...found three more wheats, a 1945, 195? d and a 1948-d, as well as an old pocket knife (can't be opened...it's too rusted) and what appears to be an old suspender buckle.

We were picky about what we dug, so there's still lots there, including junk...but we'll be back.

Now the big question is how to clean the wheats properly...

time to hit the search engine :)

Back
Top Bottom