• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

It isn't always what it looks like.

trailtwister

Beautiful Hudson Traplane has been driven all over the USA and Canada and one short quick trip to Mexico.

No it is not a pure stock Hudson even though it looks like it. But under the hood is a nice mild Chrysler/Dodge 340 with a tubroflite trans, power steering and AC even.
Sports a old Plymouth valint rear end and has disk braks on all 4.

Some one was asking what a classic car is? I am not so sure there is a right answer to that as there is some one some place that will love some odd obscure car. Now this one is so rare at cars shows this is the only one I have ever seen. It is not stock, a big V8 was shoe horned in under the hood. It was sold under one of the Big 3 badges mid to late 1970's.

I would love to have a AMC Gremlin and even the fish bowl Pacer.

:D Al

I was just driving down the road with a friend of mine when I spotted this little gem sitting in a parking lot with a sale sign in the window. The instant I saw it I knew what it was, so we stopped to grab a few pics.

PJ0rPxv.jpg

1hn3JRl.jpg

LOUxiKu.jpg

Chevy Vega with a Cogworths twin cam.

Was it in Michigan? I saw one at the Gratoit car show last fall, same color also for sale.

Was it in Michigan? I saw one at the Gratoit car show last fall, same color also for sale.

Yep! Sitting in a bowling alley parking lot in White Lake.
A lot of folks don't know it, but that was the first American Production car to come from the factory with cast aluminum wheels.

Most likely the same Vega I saw last fall then. Trying to remember White lake.
Little village in the mid 1960's early 1970's west of Orman road on M 59?

Yes Sir!
If memory serves me correctly, the sign said to inquire at La Fontaine, which is at the corner of 59 and Hickory Ridge. That might be Highland.

Those Cosworths are rare. My art teacher bought one in ‘76.
Aluminum alloy block. Cylinder-wall scoring after a while, calling for steel sleeves. Chronic problem. John DeLorean was in charge.

Beautiful Hudson Traplane has been driven all over the USA and Canada and one short quick trip to Mexico.

No it is not a pure stock Hudson even though it looks like it. But under the hood is a nice mild Chrysler/Dodge 340 with a tubroflite trans, power steering and AC even.
Sports a old Plymouth valint rear end and has disk braks on all 4.

Some one was asking what a classic car is? I am not so sure there is a right answer to that as there is some one some place that will love some odd obscure car. Now this one is so rare at cars shows this is the only one I have ever seen. It is not stock, a big V8 was shoe horned in under the hood. It was sold under one of the Big 3 badges mid to late 1970's.

I would love to have a AMC Gremlin and even the fish bowl Pacer.

The blue car with a V8? Plymouth Arrow, (Mitsubishi-Lancer-Colt) built to compete with the imports. They also made an Arrow “truck”. I bet that car’s a hairy monster with that motor. Nose heavy”

I had a friend who used to play professional soccer in one of the early incarnations of US soccer (NASL?). To tell you how much money there was there if your name wasn't Pele, the team car that the players got to use was a Gremlin.

-- Tom

Last edited:
I rather have that 61-2 bubbletop setting next to the Gremlin :yes:

I had a '70 Vega stored in the attic of my garage decades ago, always wanted to Pro-Street it, but never happened :no:

iu

I rather have that 61-2 bubbletop setting next to the Gremlin :yes:

I had a '70 Vega stored in the attic of my garage decades ago, always wanted to Pro-Street it, but never happened :no:

iu
Aaaahhhh...the memories...back in the late seventies early eighties several gear heads at high school would shoehorn V8’s into Vegas and Pintos...we could work on our cars in auto shop, I was driving a black 57 Chevy, my first ride, bought when I was 16. Wanted one since I was 8 years old.

Aaaahhhh...the memories...back in the late seventies early eighties several gear heads at high school would shoehorn V8’s into Vegas and Pintos...we could work on our cars in auto shop, I was driving a black 57 Chevy, my first ride, bought when I was 16. Wanted one since I was 8 years old.
MOTION used to offer a kit for packing V-8's into puddle jumpers. They made it too easy to do the job right. Important goodies like motor mounts, front springs, oil pans, headers, etc...

4zCF30X.jpg

Used to be one of these running around Lake Orion Mi with tubed out rear and a big air scoop on a blower in the summers 1990's.
That had to have been fun.

Back
Top Bottom