problems with my whites pinpointer

diverrick

Hi. New to this forum. From Vacaville, CA.
I went out yeterday and was beepin around, and when I went to use my whites 140MM pinpointer, It wouldn't work. The little light came on nice and bright though.. I figured I simply needed to change the battery. Went home and checked the battery.. 9 Volts+ so it was not the battery.. I took the back off, and looked around some, no obvious issues inside.
So I have two questions..
1, Why won't it work, but the blue light is on when I depress the switchno vibration at all, no matter where I turn the knob to.

2, when I took out the battery, I noticed a small switch inside the battery area.. What the heck is that for? Maybe an on off switch, so it can't be accidentally turned on in:?: transit, or in your pocket? Seemed like a poor spot for a on/off switch though.

I bought it used with my MXT, so I don't have any instructions.
Anyone got any advice?
Thanks
Rick

The switch under the battery is for switching between audible beeping and vibration. Try flipping the switch. If you get beeping, then the vibration motor is bad. If you ship it back to White's, they will send you a new one in about a week.

Wow!!

You mean if I send it in no matter if it's in warrenty or not, they will replace it?? That is too good to be true!!!! Man I am going to get thier address tonight and ship that puppy tomorrow. Mine never made any sounds. just vibrated, but now it does neither. The only thing that appears to work is the little light in the front. So I am guessing it is not that switch, nor the on off switch

You mean if I send it in no matter if it's in warrenty or not, they will replace it?? That is too good to be true!!!! Man I am going to get thier address tonight and ship that puppy tomorrow. Mine never made any sounds. just vibrated, but now it does neither. The only thing that appears to work is the little light in the front. So I am guessing it is not that switch, nor the on off switch

They will fix it if its under warranty for no charge if its not under warranty youll have to pay shipping atleast. I had to send mine in 6 times last year for various reasons...Ive went through 3 of the bulls eyes...if I could find another pin pointer in the same size range id stop buying the dern things:roll:

My daughter's Bullseye had to be touching a coin in order to activate. I called White's support in OR. They asked me when I bought it. I got it with my MXT in January from Kellyco. It was barely under a year, so it was under warranty. But they said just to send it in. No receipt, not RMA number, no verification, no nothing. I sent it priority mail, and about a week later I received a new one. Again, no receipt, no packing slip, no nothing...

White's is great about fixing/replacing pinpointers. We have a member of our club who has broken the probe off twice digging with it. White's replaced it both times...no questions asked.

good news

I was dinking around with my old one , after looking at the prices of buying another one, and just for giggles, I changed the battery out for a new one.. Guess what, it works now.. I don't know why, seeing as the old battery tested out at better than 9 volts, but man I am a happy camper right now.
Thanks for all the input..

NBT with them I finally threw the last one away and got the inline. Never looked back....Gil

Ive got an inline for my XLT..wish they made em for my tesoros and troys. Ive got a pocket uni probe as well but I over stretched the cord and its got a short in it.

White's has the best customer service in the world. They will even replace something even if it is not under warranty anymore, most of the time.

I have there new pinpointer it started out great and now give me false signals. I use rechargable batteries so it always has fresh power.

I understand Whites has the best customer service but I hunt weekly I couldnt stant to be without it. Even knowing I will get a new one.

If I were to overnight it, would they overnight a new one back?

White's produtcs are top of the line, except for the Bullseye. I'm on my 4th one, every time one stops working I send it in and they send me a new one. You would think they would do something about the poor quality switch.

Back
Top Bottom