Taking wagers...

MrNovice

Forum Supporter
Was looking for a computer gaming headset for my son for his upcoming birthday and saw this on Newegg.

But when I tried to checkout, the price kept jumping up to the "real" normal price, so I took a picture to document it. Later, I sent Newegg's customer service dept, 2 days ago, an email with the picture posted and asked if they would kindly honor that price advertised in thier picture. No response yet, but taking wagers as to whether they will or not?

I'll probably get accused of photoshopping or a visit from the FBI, but it's worth a chance. Here is the item with the real price listed once they updated the website price about an hour later after I tried to check out.

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16826816048
(For you non link clicking people, the "true" price is $99.)

I love Newegg so no beef with them, but a deal is a deal right?

May be touchy since it's through a third party on Newegg's "marketplace". Hopefully they honor it though, All the Corsair gear I have/have had, have been great. Good luck man!

May be touchy since it's through a third party on Newegg's "marketplace". Hopefully they honor it though, All the Corsair gear I have/have had, have been great. Good luck man!

That same 3rd party jumped the price to $129 later that day, while Newegg was actually "out of stock" on them at the time. Now they have restocked though, but like you said...3rd party. But I really don't see how it's much different than going to a brick and mortar store and the price being mislabeled. In fact, it's worse...because the webpage I posted clearly only shows 1 specific item on it with a distinct price. Not like they can say "well, that's actually the price of this item stocked beside it, and this one was just out of place".

But Newegg's pricing policy states "prices are subject to change at any time", so we'll see what happens. But I couldn't pass it up, wireless - color changing and good brand...I have to try!

I'm betting only 10% odds that the honor the price, 30% odds they offer me a discounted (but not that low price), and 60% they tell me to buzz off, nicely.

If they do honor it, they are going to be shocked when I tell them I need 100 units. I'll pull out some savings and unload those suckers on Ebay for $70 a pop brand new! :laughing:

I did the same thing last year on a different popular item, made well over my money back and paid for everyone's Christmas and still had leftover.

I have a set of the VOID Wireless Special Edition (Yellow).
They are great, but can ONLY be used with the PC as they REQUIRE the USB Connection.
Very comfortable, My wife says I look like I should be flying a plane...:takeoff:

If I had to do it over again, I would get the corded set because you can (with the 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter), use them with your MD!! :mder:

I got a set of the Corsair Raptor HS30's for my daughter, she loves them. They are corded & if she ever puts them down, I will steal them for my rig...:laughing::laughing:

Check Ebay for prices

I have a set of the VOID Wireless Special Edition (Yellow).
They are great, but can ONLY be used with the PC as they REQUIRE the USB Connection.
Very comfortable, My wife says I look like I should be flying a plane...:takeoff:

If I had to do it over again, I would get the corded set because you can (with the 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter), use them with your MD!! :mder:

I got a set of the Corsair Raptor HS30's for my daughter, she loves them. They are corded & if she ever puts them down, I will steal them for my rig...:laughing::laughing:

Check Ebay for prices

My boy would love the wireless RGB ones listed, but they are high for me to buy straight out right now. Maybe for a Christmas present instead of his birthday. I already spent too much building his rig, so everything else is tight right now. My parents bought him a refurbished 32 inch monitor (Vizio) at 120hz for the gaming, and I got him a Blackwidow Chroma keyboard off Ebay for $70, and sent in an old mouse to Razer that is being RMA'd under warranty for credit. I'll get him the Chroma DeathAddler to match the keyboard. These headphones match too, the chroma color change anyways so I had to try.

Freaking Razer is making a killing off these kids. It's decent stuff but looks more astetics than anything. At least they have a decent warranty, dealing with their return department to get this older mouse replaced under warranty has been a nightmare. I'm glad they are out of stock of it and have to give me full credit toward a new mouse with a new warranty, but if that mouse goes defunct then it's the vicious circle again.

Couldn't pass up at least trying to get him these headphones though, but realistically the most I can put down right now after everything else is about $50-$60. So he can use some cheap earbuds till Christmas if needed till my funds restock. Or if he wants them bad enough, bust his butt on paid chores like mowing the yard and work for em!

P.S. I hope they are not ignorant enough to try ignoring my email or not responding back. If so, they have definetely underestimated just how determined I can be. You don't want me to put my life on hold to make yours a living hell, trust me! It's been tried before... :laughing:

You might want to check their web site for any disclaimers.

Sometimes in printed ads for different stores you will see a disclaimer like "we are not responsible for any typographical errors" so they are covered if the person writing the ad makes a big mistake.

.....but it would be nice if they went ahead and honored that price anyhow.

You might want to check their web site for any disclaimers.

Sometimes in printed ads for different stores you will see a disclaimer like "we are not responsible for any typographical errors" so they are covered if the person writing the ad makes a big mistake.

.....but it would be nice if they went ahead and honored that price anyhow.

They have their butt covered, I'm just asking for a reply. Like I said earlier, I'm only taking 10% in favor that they will match, 90% against.

Personally, I think it will be interesting to see what they say. For everyone that shops there, not just me and that's why I posted it. I'll keep it updated as to their response.

They have their butt covered, I'm just asking for a reply. Like I said earlier, I'm only taking 10% in favor that they will match, 90% against.

Yep, they made sure to cover themselves really well, but it still didn't hurt to ask, some companies might make an occasional exception.

Freaking Razer is making a killing off these kids. It's decent stuff but looks more astetics than anything.

Yeah, I wasn't too crazy about the razer stuff. I tried the deathadder and it didn't feel right in hand, so I went back to my trusty old G500. The Blackwidow ultimate wasn't bad, but I'm pretty partial to the MX keys. Changed to a Ducky One white with the MX Cherry browns and love the thing! Razer has definitely figured out how to sell em though.

Yeah, I wasn't too crazy about the razer stuff. I tried the deathadder and it didn't feel right in hand, so I went back to my trusty old G500. The Blackwidow ultimate wasn't bad, but I'm pretty partial to the MX keys. Changed to a Ducky One white with the MX Cherry browns and love the thing! Razer has definitely figured out how to sell em though.

Ducky's are awesome but way out of my price range for a kid to manhandle. I did check them out though, good solid company who cares about making a very specific quality product.

Yep, they made sure to cover themselves really well, but it still didn't hurt to ask, some companies might make an occasional exception.

I wasn't even in the market to buy anything else after spending a significant amount with them 2 weeks ago to build the PC. But they sent me a coupon through email and I had to look, so it's their own fault right? :laughing:

Otherwise, I wouldn't even have looked. I could care less what they actually decide to do, I just want a response good or bad and to see what they say. I don't think that's too much to ask.

I've took plenty of losses to customers on side gigs to keep my rep high and make things right, my fault mostly but sometimes not. It's the cost of business.

These corsair HP's (Corsair Raptor HS30's ) are pretty good, if a mike is not needed, the White's Ultralights could be used with an adapter....:D

He'll need a mic, coordination between members on strategic games helps. The rules are his PC stays in the living room till he's 18 though, so we can all hear and monitor how he's using it and what's being said.

I have to say I buy cheap headsets can't be bothered to buy $100 headphones for gaming. Also Newegg won't give you a better price they stick to what's on the site. Very hard to even get defective items replaced.

The price was advertised on their site, at least for an hour. Just couldn't checkout at that price. That's why I took the pic and sent it to them.

Back
Top Bottom