Won't Be Digging For Awhile!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
I went to the VA Dermatologist to have a "spot" looked at on my left cheek under my eye. I wasn't expecting her to take THREE biopsies from it. She says it is SUSPICIOUS! And she said the "C" word. Won't know anything for another week at least. IF it is the "C" word then I am scheduled already for "surgery" on September 8. If it ISN'T the "C" word the appointment gets canceled! I've been a nervous wreck for the last week! Her instructions were to minimize my time in the sun. Fortunately, it's been too hot to get out there to "hunt" so I've not really missed getting out. I've just been watching metal detecting videos on You Tube. Gotta get my "fix" somehow. It's not as fun but enjoyable to see what other people are digging and finding. Hopefully, I'll get back out there soon. :(

GL & HH!

I'll keep my prayers out for thexample " C " to mean canceled . That is a bad disease . I just lost a good friend a week ago to stomach cancer . Wishing you all the best .

Duuuude...same thing here, few years back, I found a strange growth/spot and tried to get rid of it myself for a while... Finally went to see my Company approved HC derma...He Hemmed and hawed, all sorts of !!!! and multiple biopsies/appointments!...After a while, I got very pist and hunted a guy down on my own...

I found an old school derma guy who knew how to work a blade, and had seen it all...Even though he was booked solid for 6 months, I walked in and paid him cash on the spot!...

He did the "Moes Method" (sp?)...Anyway...he took one look and commenced to cut me up like a thanksgiving hog.....said: "Damn Son! Who the hell is your primary care doctor? Jack Kevorkian?"...

Anyway, he got it and got it fast, just at the last minute he said...stitched my face up like a freaking football!...

I have a dream to walk in and kick the dog piss out of that one 'Company HC approved' doctor guy someday, who gave me the run around...right in the waiting room...

Find an old guy who knows how to work a blade! Even if its some old tosspot down at the bar! DO NOT put this off! Hell, If I was close by I'd have at it right now for you! Seriously, this stuff will kill you quick and fast...FWIW, It only cost me about a half years worth of clad to get it done by the old guy...
Mud

Don't get too upset, at least you found it early, and they are aware and the ball is rolling to resolve the issue.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and wish you the best. Keep your head up, you're going to whup this either way! :)

Hoping it all turns out well. Myself, I had 3 surgeries to remove suspicious growths. It all worked out in the end though and I hope yours does too

Good job catching it early. I've had a small spot of melanoma removed from my nose three years ago. I spent a lot of time in the sun over the last 40 years, now I use sunscreen and a wide-brimmed hat, as I work outside year round.

Wish you well.

I had a suspicious looking growth removed a couple years ago....my ex wife:twisted:

All kidding aside, keep on top of it, I've got a few family members currently undergoing chemo now for big C annihilation, we'll add you to our prayers. God Bless.

It,s like your doctor gave you a prescription for some night detecting!
Don,t stress about it until you know something more.

Sorry to hear about the spot. Thoughts and prayers.

I've been getting one or two a year pulled off me since I was 25 or 26. Lots of time in the sun as a kid. If it's not melanoma it's not hard to deal with. I hope that's the case with you. Keep a good stock of sun screen on hand. Studies show that it's never too late to start using it. It will still help.

Back
Top Bottom