Why don't the classifieds show up under 'new posts'?

Chad

Elite Member
I always use the 'New Posts' button at the top but I noticed none of the classified ads show up when that button is used. Is that a setting that I have the ability to change on my end?

Correct. There are many threads in the classified section that have new activity, or posts, since I last hit the new posts button, or since I have opened those threads up.

I had the opposite problem, I didn't want them showing, since they were too many.

From the web site home page, where it list all the categories, there is a show/hide check box, or something similar. Yours probably need to be adjusted to your preference.

Just checked, didn't see what I thought, been a couple of forum updates since then. I do remember selecting which forums I wanted though, took a few tries.

I had the opposite problem, I didn't want them showing, since they were too many.

From the web site home page, where it list all the categories, there is a show/hide check box, or something similar. Yours probably need to be adjusted to your preference.

Just checked, didn't see what I thought, been a couple of forum updates since then. I do remember selecting which forums I wanted though, took a few tries.

Thanks for checking Harvey...I guess they did away with it in one of the updates.
glitch

I asked months ago

Thanks EC...any idea if its being addressed or just one of those things that was swept under the rug.

At one time people were complaining about classified ads flooding the "New posts" So I removed it from the "new posts".

To keep everyone happy I have added a block at the end of the forum with forum stats, you can see new posts and new classifieds in separate blocks.

You can also click on here to see it http://metaldetectingforum.com/misc.php?do=cybstats

Thanks Vlad! That has been down there awhile and most haven't noticed it. Heck, I even forget to check there! :roll::D

Back
Top Bottom