Seasonal treasure!!!!

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
Had great day, felt good to pull treasure out of a hole again!!!

IMG_20150111_213829_zps7103dac5.jpg

<°)))>{

I'm calling the C O on you, that blue on top is way undersized.:laughing: Nice going, I'll bet I know whats for supper tonight.;)

Thanks guys!!

The funny thing is, just like here on the Friendly Forum we take pictures of our finds next to a coin for size reference, on ice fishing forums a beer can is the standard. :D

Just a little longer and I'm hoping to be on the big water looking for old marble eye... :yes:

Stay warm everyone and good luck to anyone still detecting, or fishing...

<*)))>{

I think those are Crappie, pronounced "Croppie". Great tasting fish.

Top and bottom right are actually called Pumpkinseeds. The bottom left one is a Bluegill... Both are types of Sunfish. Many people around here call em all "gills", in the south they call them all "brim".. I call them all sunfish, there are a lot of different but similar species of the sunfish family...

A Crappy is similar, but is not a sunfish. They do taste great though, especially through the ice!!

<*)))>{

Nice. At least you got to do something fun with all this cold!! My buddies and I go out of wild wings marina in the summer for walleye. First time out with the charter we would hook white bass and he (guide) started to throw them back in. I yelled at him that I wanted all of those too. He wasn't real happy, but if you keep them cold till you clean them they are almost as good as walleye. But we don't keep the sheep:lol:

Nice. At least you got to do something fun with all this cold!! My buddies and I go out of wild wings marina in the summer for walleye. First time out with the charter we would hook white bass and he (guide) started to throw them back in. I yelled at him that I wanted all of those too. He wasn't real happy, but if you keep them cold till you clean them they are almost as good as walleye. But we don't keep the sheep:lol:

Nothing wrong with white bass, we used to eat those when I was a kid and fished during the summer. I don't seem to catch those through the ice..

You ever here that Sheepheads have a "lucky rocks" in their head?

<*)))>{

Top and bottom right are actually called Pumpkinseeds. The bottom left one is a Bluegill... Both are types of Sunfish. Many people around here call em all "gills", in the south they call them all "brim".. I call them all sunfish, there are a lot of different but similar species of the sunfish family...

A Crappy is similar, but is not a sunfish. They do taste great though, especially through the ice!!

<*)))>{

At first glance they look very much like a crappie.

Ice, I found another video with you in it. I was trying to get it cut down but I have no software for that. I will just have to post it and tell you where to go probably.

Nice fish!

Well this ruins it but it starts right at 13:11

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom