Where did everybody go?

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Please don't take this the wrong way if you are posting on here regularly and you have over 2000-3000 posts.
It just seems to me that like 90% of the posts lately are by noobs.
Not that there is anything wrong with noobs, I just wonder what ever happened to the old-timers?

Is it just me, or is it just that I am getting to be an old-timer too?

Some of the old timers just lost interest in hanging out in the forums ,.....others just got busy with other things. Theres still some of us around regularly :lol:

Please don't take this the wrong way if you are posting on here regularly and you have over 2000-3000 posts.
It just seems to me that like 90% of the posts lately are by noobs.
Not that there is anything wrong with noobs, I just wonder what ever happened to the old-timers?

Is it just me, or is it just that I am getting to be an old-timer too?

Too much DRAMA!

Believe it or not some of the "other" detecting forums used to always be busy with plenty of people talking and exchanging information......now except for just a few loyal and devoted....usually cranky :lol: members who contribute there , most of the time you can almost hear crickets chirping and mentally picture tumbleweeds blowing through. I dont know why , but some of those forums went from busy and fun to dead in just a few years time. Sometimes its just a normal cycle , sometimes it isnt. Lets try to keep that from happening here.

The main problem seems to be Craig. His negativity seems to spread forum wide. It is what it is so might as well be honest about it.

Kemper, I suggest you PM Vlad or Carol and talk to one of them, that's what I'm doing for an issue with some one here (no not Craig, I like him). However, I would not suggest calling one out in public threads.

Not much going on in the auction lately either:?: Guess every ones out getting those end of the season, digs in...

I noticed that also, It was actually on my mind when I seen this thread. When I use to sign on there would be a few pages of new post since my last visit, now it's half a page sometimes.

Beach section some got scared to post due to stiff competition, people turning you in for stuff you found, etc. Plus it's been a bad year for most people beach hunting. Likely some cycle with a fancy name like el nino, el beano! Whatever?

Doesn't appear to be just this types of forum. Other types I'm on died out too. Takes a special person to post for very long. I'm just glad guys like Old Beechnut and Gravediggermax still exist! I also post stuff on how to repair vehicles so you don't have to pay a Mechanic. Mr. Goodwrench hates my ass!:lol:

Wish we could clone Beerdoodle.:lol:

Last edited:
The main problem seems to be Craig. His negativity seems to spread forum wide. It is what it is so might as well be honest about it.

Are you serious? Geez and here I thought it was you and Tommy! :lol: New members are good but there does seem to be a glut of meaningless threads popping up these days, that could have something to do with it some of the old guard not posting much these days.

things like this:

leads to things like THIS:

Too much DRAMA!

Kemper, I suggest you PM Vlad or Carol and talk to one of them, that's what I'm doing for an issue with some one here (no not Craig, I like him). However, I would not suggest calling one out in public threads.

good post Parkhunter!

as for calling out an administrator.... why don't you try putting yourself in his shoes for a while and look at the overall picture from HIS point of view!
the admin and mods are entrusted by the forum owners to keep the peace on here and there's a small handful who seem to love pushing them TO THE LIMIT! and what exactly are you accomplishing from it? try thinking before you speak for a change, you might like it! and it may also invoke a lot less of your so called negativity.

Thanks for your input everbody, I knew it wasn't just me.
Maybe it is just a cycle and will "come back"

Back
Top Bottom