Changing Settings Finds me some Silver and Wheats.

DirtyRob

Forum Supporter
First of all I would like to thank the guys that replied to my PM asking about settings on the CTX. For some reason I am not getting the depth that I need.

So, after a few minor adjustments I went back to the old farm I have permission to hunt on. The last time there I found a clad nickel and a zinc penny. My first time there I scored a barber dime and a couple wheats.

So I just knew more HAD to there.

And I was right.

First target got me a sweet 1939D merc. Also iron in the hole! I ended up hitting 5 more wheats and a war nickel that I swore would be a piece of can slaw!

I did a doggie tag from 1955. I thought it was a large copper when I saw it in the hole!

Thanks....manual from now on. No more +3auto.

Might try 25/26 next time.

Funny you mention manual; I'vce been meaning to try it myself - I have been an auto +2 or +3 hunter with the CTX. I am going to go to my hunted out little park and try manual for a few hours and see what I can come up with.

How did you decide what to set manual at Rob?

Funny you mention manual; I'vce been meaning to try it myself - I have been an auto +2 or +3 hunter with the CTX. I am going to go to my hunted out little park and try manual for a few hours and see what I can come up with.

How did you decide what to set manual at Rob?

Been told to crank it up as high as the upper 20's. Just depends on the ground and how crazy it acts up running this hot.

I slowed way down too.

Been told to crank it up as high as the upper 20's. Just depends on the ground and how crazy it acts up running this hot.

I slowed way down too.

Thanx Rob - Yep, super slow is the way to go if you want to find the iffy targets. I tell my buddies all the time, when you think you are swinging slow, go even slower.

I have 84 silvers from my little park and hoping to hit 100 there before I'm done. Also have 404 wheats in this park (128.5 hours hunting).

YES!! nice job bud, all we needed you to do was kick the auto habit. I have not touched auto in awhile and its truly much nicer. Auto does have its place for me, heavy trash sites were I dont want to have to keep switching and watching but in most of my sites I run manual low to mid 20's and its a huge help. Nice job bud!!!

Nice work man! Try to keep it as hot as possible but not to the point that it's erratic. I'm sure slowing down was a big part of it also. When it's a good site you want to pick it apart. Nice coins I'm sure more are waiting there for ya!

Back
Top Bottom