anyone try this for garrett pro pointer?

FindandDetect

Elite Member
Cover the button with tennis tape and then do a thick coat of plastidip over the whole device then dip the tip in some truck lining for waterproofing. And when you need extra batteries you just use an exacto knife to cut the plastidip then replace and spray/dip in plastidip and will be good till next time.

I've not done anything to my GPP aside from cover the speaker hole with a little electrical tape to keep the dirt/moisture out. Of course the unit isn't water proof, but I'd say aside from the speaker hole it seems to be fairly water resistant. But, I don't hunt in the pouring rain or dip it in water either. A few sprinkles or setting it down on dewey grass is about as wet as mine gets. I guess the on/off button might benefit from a little extra protection too, but unless you're going to be completely submersing it in water, completely coating the thing seems a little excessive. Just my opinion though.

Seriously, not a whole lot of need to do anything to the Propointer, it fails, send it back, gets fixed or replaced. It's included in the premium price, about the only thing that makes it worth it...

Of the 8 I have had, two went bad. I just sent them back for new ones. I have use bed liner on one of the PP's I had.

i put silicone caulk around my power button, over the speaker hole and also over the LED hole. then i put a thin wrap of teflon tape (plumbers tape) on the battery cover threads..........this seems ta keep all the water out

Couldn't that void the warranty?

not as long as you don't mess with the internal parts........just like bedliner coating a garrett coil won't void the warranty either (i called and asked before coating my coil).........now if your silicone job doesn't hold up and you flood your pinpointer than i'd say its on you....

Of the 8 I have had, two went bad. I just sent them back for new ones. I have use bed liner on one of the PP's I had.

i'm also rough on my PP and coated the tip with 3 coats of bedliner, no one likes a worn PP :lol:

For those of you who use the PP in inclement weather - use a condom for the PP and it will protect it from STD's -super torrential downpours...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom