How to stay warm & "dry" in the water?

china-clipper

Well, I figure now that I have the right water detector, it's time to try it out soon. I have 5mm neoprene chest waders with the integrated insulated boots (with felt soles). The question is: what should I wear for gloves and and upper-torso gear? Do most of you wear wetsuit tops? Does anybody make gloves that are full arm-length? I figure the first ten minutes after getting my hands and arms wet I'll get numb from the cold. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks...

China... Congrats on your new detector...

I use 3 things for my hands... a light pair of gloves and in them I stick Hothands and all that goes into guantlet gloves on this site:

http://www.adirondackoutdoor.com/trapgloves.htm

Scroll down to the red gloves with the camo arms they are more pliable than the green pair... I think they are $32.95 well worth it.

China, if you look around you may be able to find a dry top jacket. They are gasketed at the wrists and neck, and won't let water up the sleeve. Then you can wear what ever warm waterproof gloves you want. Also if you should have a mishap and fall, you won't get soaked in the process. :shock: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom