• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

AT-Pro and beaver tails?

My AT Max has suddenly been reading beaver tails in the upper 70s/low 80s the last few hunts - obviously, I’ve been digging quite a few lately. Once out of the hole, they ring 50-55 like they’re supposed to, as Steve77 suggested and as they used to for me. Either I’m doing something wrong/different, or something’s gone haywire in my unit?? I can’t figure out why the junk is suddenly upscaling so much :?:

Sorry, I guess I just hijacked a bit... yes, beaver tails with the ring would often slide up toward upper 50s/low 60s, depending how/if the tab was crumpled up, or folded around the ring. The pullrings by themselves are often a solid number in the low 60s - the actual number varyies depending on the ring.

I dug one yesterday that was 61-62. Irritating. I should have known it was a pull tab. Usually when the number bounces around it isn't anything good.

When I find the "tail" alone it is always 51-53 (the same as a nickel:mad:)
When I find the complete Beaver tail with the ring it is 59-62

same here on the tails. but different manufacture may the be reason. 52 is a nickel most always. 53 a tail but sometimes a nickel based on depth and soil corrosion. I have found a silver cheap overlay gold plated ring in the 60's range with the pro, same as a double hole tab, but gave a higher crisp tone. I agree the trash generally breaks up when x ing but since I remove trash anyhow, I have been able to find deep goodies in an old well hunted but trashed out park.

If it is just the tail without the ring, I usually get them at 51-55.

My AT Max has suddenly been reading beaver tails in the upper 70s/low 80s the last few hunts - obviously, I’ve been digging quite a few lately. Once out of the hole, they ring 50-55 like they’re supposed to, as Steve77 suggested and as they used to for me. Either I’m doing something wrong/different, or something’s gone haywire in my unit?? I can’t figure out why the junk is suddenly upscaling so much :?:

Sorry, I guess I just hijacked a bit... yes, beaver tails with the ring would often slide up toward upper 50s/low 60s, depending how/if the tab was crumpled up, or folded around the ring. The pullrings by themselves are often a solid number in the low 60s - the actual number varyies depending on the ring.

I dug one yesterday that was 61-62. Irritating. I should have known it was a pull tab. Usually when the number bounces around it isn't anything good.

When I find the "tail" alone it is always 51-53 (the same as a nickel:mad:)
When I find the complete Beaver tail with the ring it is 59-62

same here on the tails. but different manufacture may the be reason. 52 is a nickel most always. 53 a tail but sometimes a nickel based on depth and soil corrosion. I have found a silver cheap overlay gold plated ring in the 60's range with the pro, same as a double hole tab, but gave a higher crisp tone. I agree the trash generally breaks up when x ing but since I remove trash anyhow, I have been able to find deep goodies in an old well hunted but trashed out park.

Anywhere from 58-62 in my parks...

Thanks for the replies. The 58-61 is for a complete beaver tail

Back
Top Bottom