Dual Ringer of a Day

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Went out for a three hour hunt today to a school yard. There was a little league game going on at one end so I hunted the opposite far end with the building in between us.

My main catch-of-the-day was a ring within a ring, both being so different. The inter ring is a small 10K gold. The outer ring with stones is unmarked.

On the Nox the signal bounced around so I knew I had to dig it. I was using a modified Park 2. It was 2" down. And again, I am glad I did. It made my day!

Attachments

• Coins rings 060318 001.jpg
    Coins rings 060318 001.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 328
  • Coins rings 060318 003.jpg
    Coins rings 060318 003.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 318
  • Coins rings 060318 004.jpg
    Coins rings 060318 004.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 320
  • Coins rings 060318 005.jpg
    Coins rings 060318 005.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Awesome in field details! That’s not a common occurrence to find a pair that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Now that's a cool find! I wonder what the silver looking ring is made of?

Thanks NCtoad! I never had a ring find like it before. I think the smaller insert ring was used such as a re-sizer so that the large ring could be worn. No conformation about the composition of the silvery type ring.

Sweet hunt there JAK!

Thanks GeneralQuaters! The good news is I only had to dig one hole for the price of two finds.

A very nice outing Jak. Congrats on the two Rings and all the rest. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! I been on a roll since I been using my Nox. I find it does a great job with unmasking. With the two metal compositions the VDI bounced around...but with starting to learn this machine, it felt like it would be an interesting find....and it was.

Awesome in field details! That’s not a common occurrence to find a pair that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ugadigger! At first when I took the target out of the ground, I thought that it was coin inside of the larger ring. But instead I was rewarded with some gold. No complaints here.

Very cool!!! I think you are right they must have worn it to make the big one fit. Crazy to find two rings in the same hole much less 2 inside one another. lol

Very cool!!! I think you are right they must have worn it to make the big one fit. Crazy to find two rings in the same hole much less 2 inside one another. lol

Thanks StratTone! That smaller ring did fit in there tightly. It is amazing how it goes, I lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

OMG, sweet find! That’d get the heart going I bet! Congrats on the gold. Hope the bigger ring tests out good too! Congrats and nice hunting!

Very cool! Probably took them off together to put on sunscreen or something, laid them down, and never picked them up..... ;)

Nice double! I've only found two rings together like that and they were in the water totally wedged got them apart with a screwdriver.

Very cool! Probably took them off together to put on sunscreen or something, laid them down, and never picked them up..... ;)

Thanks Vermonster! Very possible. Both rings were tightly connected. Just an interesting find to say the least.

Nice double! I've only found two rings together like that and they were in the water totally wedged got them apart with a screwdriver.

Thanks goodtimecharlie! Actually, a screwdirver is what I used to separate them too.

That’s a great find,a ring inside of a ring..awesome..The unmarked one looks like it’s expensive,I’d definitely check it out..Congrats

Thanks woodbutcher! That large silvery ring has also four small diamond/stone mounts surrounding the large colored stone, but one is missing. But I would think, if it were a precious metal, it probably would have been makers' marked. Hopefully in time I will check it out to be sure.

Now just think of the odds of that. Two different size rings, one inside the other one, located at the same spot in the ground. Makes you wonder.:wow:

Ray

Now just think of the odds of that. Two different size rings, one inside the other one, located at the same spot in the ground. Makes you wonder.:wow:

Ray

I am thinking that the smaller gold ring was used to re-size the larger ring so that it would fit onto the finger. It was wedged into the larger ring tightly and was a pretty good fit too if it was to serve that purpose. But still interesting.

Back
Top Bottom