I'm getting a little better

The ONLY mid level machine that will do good on land, fresh and salt water beaches and wading in fresh and salt water that I know of is the Equinox. High end machine is the CTX.

Single frequency machines have to have the sensitivity turned down and that reduces depth. Sure it will work but you won't be getting the deeper stuff.

So like the Equinox 600? Not sure I would be able to afford the 800.

I wanted to make sure that I enjoyed metal detecting before I sunk a bunch of money in a detector. I have started saving for a machine that will work in the wet sand too. Maybe an AT Max.

That's exactly what I did. I also bought a plastic grain scoop from the pet store for about $7, drilled 5/8" holes, and used it for a year and a half. It was perfect. Scoop and then pass it over the coil to see if you retrieved the target.

Don't get the At-max for wet salt water. You will have to reduce your sensitivity and that will reduce your depth. You need all the depth you can get.

Listen to the Scuba. With all of the Equinox on the market, I'm seeing more used Sovereign GTs on EBay. Better machine for the wet sand and won't cost you as much as a new Max. Right with the GT is a good Blue Excalibur. Pretty much the same machine, but the Excal is waterproof. Really... I wish I had gone to the GT/Excal immediately after the 350. I wasted a good 18-24 months dittling around with other machines.

R5

Back
Top Bottom