Birthday hunt didn't turn out too bad

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
Well, the stay started off pretty slow for me today. I set my alarm for 9 am but I forgot to make sure Sunday was enabled.....needless to say I didn't wake up til a quarter after 11! After getting up I ate some breakfast and ended up burning up 3 hours helping get my in-laws pontoon out of the garage and in the lake for the year.
Right around 3 I was able to finally get to the small ghost town about 25 miles away that my mother-in-law told me to go check out. She told me to go talk to the only resident of the town who lives there with his wife and kids. We ended up talking for dang near an hour, but, a wealth of information he gave me.

The little town was started back in the late 1800's and was supposed to have the railroad come through it but plans were changed in the early 1900's and the town was left with no tracks. The little town pretty much stayed quite small until about 15 years ago when it was pretty much abandoned.

Not much of the original buildings remain but the guy who lives there showed me where they used to have an old dance hall and right next to it they had an annual get together during the summers that probably goes back to the 50's. That is where I hit the hardest today.

I managed to get 10 wheats (One is not pictured because I gave it to the guy who showed me the spot), 2 1964-d Rosies(one of which I nicked.....pinpointing was off a bit), a 1942 and 1943 Canadian penny and a small bracelet type thing with the name Jean inscribed on it. At first I thought the little bracelet might be silver but I'm thinking it's aluminum......its really soft metal.
9e127948e45ff073a18cd67305212f7b.jpg
73acf859414889bbcfa35a2a7ee3f9fc.jpg
ab3843ac27d3cda931bbfd71ec391cca.jpg
18fb740c56e23abb9a89cbb3ac2eca8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice saves!
that looks like it was an excellent hunt:yes:

Thanks matmit! I was hoping to find the earlier stuff from the 20's to 40's but I'm happy with what I got. I'm going to be headed back there possibly tomorrow......maybe I'll score the old stuff.

Nice Hunt! Happy Birthday! That old town has a lot of treasure to give up if you can get your search coil over it.

beephead

Nice Hunt! Happy Birthday! That old town has a lot of treasure to give up if you can get your search coil over it.

beephead

Thanks beephead! I tried the little old town again but didn't find much. The other house that was there is extremely overgrown so it's almost impossible to get any swings in.

Excellent digs and happy belated birthday! My buddies was yesterday, spent the day out on the kayaks water fishing instead of dirt fishing. Hope you had a great bday, happy hunting!

Excellent digs and happy belated birthday! My buddies was yesterday, spent the day out on the kayaks water fishing instead of dirt fishing. Hope you had a great bday, happy hunting!

Thanks cellr! It was a pretty good birthday.....it would have been better if it weren't 92 degrees out with no wind but such is life. It did get pretty nice out around the time I had to head home though.......and the guy who showed me where to detect is hooking me up with other spots! It's all good in my book.

HA!!! Does the bracelet says Jean!? My name is Sean my girls would love to wear something like that. LOL! I don't know if I'd wear it! Mabey... fun find a ways. Awesome coinage! Congrats on a successful birthday hunt your gifts were well deserved diggin away! Happy Hunting!

MetalHead

HA!!! Does the bracelet says Jean!? My name is Sean my girls would love to wear something like that. LOL! I don't know if I'd wear it! Mabey... fun find a ways. Awesome coinage! Congrats on a successful birthday hunt your gifts were well deserved diggin away! Happy Hunting!

MetalHead

Yep, it says Jean. I've got 4 girls myself and they have acquired some of my ring finds, usually the little Sterling ones. I think if they got a hold of the bracelet it would be destroyed in less than a minute. The last ring I found I let my 4 1/2 year old wear and it went missing in under 2 minutes if I remember right. I ended up finding it under the backseat of my pickup.

Back
Top Bottom