Spoons #4 & #5 FTY and my first pocket watch

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I had pretty much the whole first half of the day to myself so I drove an hour back out to that little town I had just hunted. I hit what I thought might be an older yard with a slightly newer house on it. Didn't find much except for the bent up pocket watch.....no coins for some reason other than the dreaded 1965 Washington. I found the old comb in the lot next door that had an old caved in basement surrounded by a very thick forest.......and yes, there are trees in North Dakota, not many though.
I decided to take off and hit another little town on the way back where I had found pretty good stuff before. I hit the curb strip in front of an old permission since I had 15 minutes to spare. That is where I managed to dig up the bent silver plated spoon.
I headed back to Minot for a Dr's. appointment. Afterward, after supper, I hit a couple empty lots that used to have old houses on them and happened to dig the other silver plated spoon.
The two wheaties I dug earlier in the day in the old abandoned town.
9f77512fe628e03d864ba4704cd667ca.jpg
135b70818f357aea906b761a3e509303.jpg
63cecb879364ed6b48cb5af7ef52a0f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I forgot to note that on the spoon in the group picture it reads "Cream of pie silver cc" on the backside. I'm sure someone who reads this post will look it up on Google.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm still looking forward to my first pocket watch is it silver? Nice finds man!! You might also consider posting your spoons on this forum thread( https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=133808 ) as well. Happy Hunting!

MetalHead

Thanks man! I don't think it's silver though...... it's got a bit of corrosion happening on it. I've found lots of parts from inside pocket watches but never the full thing. I would have loved it if it had been silver!

Thanks man! I don't think it's silver though...... it's got a bit of corrosion happening on it. I've found lots of parts from inside pocket watches but never the full thing. I would have loved it if it had been silver!

I too have found many pocket watch parts. The latest a front face ring. I plan if and when I ever find a fully entact pocket watch that is...to put all pieces surrounding the entact pocket watch in a shadow box for a nice display piece đź‘Ś! Silver or not still a fun find!

MetalHead

Back
Top Bottom