Mastered the Rings of Disappointment – 1st Titanium of 2017!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Went out for a 5 hour water hunt yesterday even though the low tide was going to be late. Any non-optimal detecting is better than no detecting! I spent the majority of my time working off-shore and off the sand bars. I started off in a section of beach that I hadn’t done in a while but I migrated after a while to the more popular sections of the beach when the targets weren't coming. The hunt was enjoyable throughout even though the yellow eluded me. The titanium ring was a nice hit that I was hoping would be plat since I saw it was scratched up, but when I took a close look and was able to discern some laser etched writing I knew meant that it was one the junk metals.:( (With a magnifying glass at home I can read “Triton Titanium” on the inside). I thought a toe ring that I got near the end of the hunt had a chance at being gold but it isn’t. When going through the finds this morning I was pleasantly surprised at the ‘51D Wheatie. I guess I’ll be waiting for the yellow until the next hunt but at least I got my 1st titanium ring of 2017! :roll:

Attachments

• 1-15-17.jpg
    1-15-17.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 565
  • 1-15-17 Rings.jpg
    1-15-17 Rings.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 472
  • 1-15-17 Coins (1).jpg
    1-15-17 Coins (1).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 500
  • 1-15-17 Coins (2).jpg
    1-15-17 Coins (2).jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 387
Nice hunt! At least you got out freezing rain here the last few days. hope to get out today going to be in the fifties. :lol:

Those open bangles you found? Those are right smack in gold chain territory! Tough stupid target generally passed over or not heard by most....Impressive to see a Master at work!...
Mud

Great hunt, those junk rings are very exciting ...at first! I found a toe ring almost identical to yours this past Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 347
A bad day detectin is better than the best day working. Congrats on the ring finds which strangely seem to parallel my own finds the last couple of weeks. Hang in there the next swing will find gold. Or at least that's the mantra I keep chanting as I work the beach.

Nice tour of detecting there. At least you're finding rings.
Hey, I recognize one of those coins. I get several of those 50 centavos everytime out. :lol:

We been sanded in so bad it is pointless. That along with the sidewalk to surf people it is impossible to swing a coil. At least they are here depositiing things; I hope.

Back
Top Bottom