Crusty Ring Turns Into Gold!!

Great job on the gold and not dismissing it as a junker. :cool:

Good lesson for the other ocean hunters!

Huh? I've never seen 14k do that. 9k and 10k yes but never 14k. Your the king of "firsts" Tilton. I'm just waiting for someone to join the board/thread and say that you found their gold ring:lol:

I swear my first thought after the first pic was, "sorry man, plated junk", BUT, I am surprised, never seen one like that, that's crazy that the algae would stick to gold, soooooo, now I say, Congrats to your beauty of a gold,,,,GL HH

Great job on the gold and not dismissing it as a junker. :cool:

Good lesson for the other ocean hunters!

Very good lesson. I try and clean up everything. You just never know. Most of the time it is junk but sometimes you get lucky.

Huh? I've never seen 14k do that. 9k and 10k yes but never 14k. Your the king of "firsts" Tilton. I'm just waiting for someone to join the board/thread and say that you found their gold ring:lol:

Haha!! No joke man. Wonder what's next...

Amazing save! Lesson to newbies: always review your trash. Well done! Congrats!

Couldn't say it better myself. Same goes with dirt digging too. I have pulled a couple pieces out of the trash pile, after a couple of weeks, to realize they were something cool.

very good find and awesome save yeah ive even found a 18k ring like that tarnished :yes:

Yeah, I don't know anything that coralline algae won't grow on. Plastic, glass, ect. Don't assume it's corrosion.

I swear my first thought after the first pic was, "sorry man, plated junk", BUT, I am surprised, never seen one like that, that's crazy that the algae would stick to gold, soooooo, now I say, Congrats to your beauty of a gold,,,,GL HH

Thanks!! It was a pain cleaning it off of glass in a reef tank every week. Haha

That sure cleaned up nicely. Turned out to be a pretty little find!

It did! My best ring so far.

Back
Top Bottom