My DIY long handle scoop (welded)

Datsik

Im not finished but its getting there. Keep in mind i literally just picked up MIG welding gas less I'm using flux core wire. I didn't even practice and I'm not taking classes I'm teaching myself so what better way to learn than from my own mistakes. The welds are really sloppy but they are solid so far. I plan to angle the scoop 20°. Heres what i have so far.
6udanaqa.jpg

ehavyry7.jpg

vy9u7u2u.jpg

u8e7e7er.jpg

Make sure you put some holes in the back as well I would also either round out the tip or make it come to a point

Long Handle Scoop

Looks good to me. I really don't think you need to add more holes, just make the holes you already have larger, along with adding the holes in the back. Rivets would probably work well in places you're having trouble welding, though you probably already considered that.

Bigger holes, yes..
What metal are you using, is that rust I see?

Nevermind, I see where you said its just steel.
Its lookin good, great practice work. Much cheaper to learn on steel than with high dollar stainless or aluminum.

Shoot, I'd use kilz on it and take it to the beach! :lol:

Looks good to me. I really don't think you need to add more holes, just make the holes you already have larger, along with adding the holes in the back. Rivets would probably work well in places you're having trouble welding, though you probably already considered that.

Yeah i was just showing a pic of the bottom just welded. I still need to add holes to the bottom and overall more holes. I want smaller holes and more of them as opposed to larger holes so i can get the smaller stuff like broken clasps and earrings etc. i may just pop rivet some of it i have aluminum rivets.

Back
Top Bottom