Can't dig it, just buy it..lol

aviationgale

Elite Member
Got out for almost 3 hours today, was very pleasant I must say. Did not find any mind blowing finds, but did dig a childs cookie cutter, it is next to the Ford thing. If you know what that is please comment, I'm curious. Also any ideas of the "star" looking thing, thought it may be part of the old toy "tops" (?) I think the Chrysler key if my favorite today. Stopped on the way home to a thrift shop that I rarely get to and found the gorgeous necklace (7.87 grams 925 & cz ) for a $1.00 So if you can't dig the silver just buy it LOL Have a great day everyone !

Attachments

• 100_6170.jpg
    100_6170.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_6172.jpg
    100_6172.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 309
  • 100_6173.jpg
    100_6173.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 311
  • 100_6179.jpg
    100_6179.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 100_6181.jpg
    100_6181.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 307
Toy gyroscopes were actually pretty common years back. Nice finds, btw.

Just wondering. Are you absolutely sure that's what it is or is that a best guess ? I have found two of those things. Exactly the same . Was wondering if it was something more common than a gyroscope.

Yes, I am sure. Watch the video in the link I posted to see the center part. Exactly same cast pattern.
These were pretty common when I was a kid (50's -60's) and many of my friends back then had one.

Silver Thrift shop necklace for the Win!

Thats the thing..sure we all go out looking for wild lost treasure in the dirt, maybe too myoptically...theres some amazing Precious metal/cash waiting above ground for the discriminating and attuned eye, garage sales, thrift shops, Coinstar reject trays, eyefinds etc...

Heres a haul of silver the Wife found one morning that brings this understanding to home...I went out detecting for dirt pennies, and she went out Garage sailing..We met back at the house around noon to compare finds...then, she took this pic and made me post it...

She hates us, She made it a challenge of sorts to prove how we totally suck and are wasting our time when we could be working or mowing the lawn ...hence the rasberries...Good thing I'm not a Golfer! I can only imagine! "Hey baby, I did 19 holes and got a birdie today!" "Yeah? Whats a birdie worth to me?!"...Well, I also found a pretty plush towel....:laughing:

Attachments

• pams silver.jpg
    pams silver.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Silver Thrift shop necklace for the Win!

Thats the thing..sure we all go out looking for wild lost treasure in the dirt, maybe too myoptically...theres some amazing Precious metal/cash waiting above ground for the discriminating and attuned eye, garage sales, thrift shops, Coinstar reject trays, eyefinds etc...

Heres a haul of silver the Wife found one morning that brings this understanding to home...I went out detecting for dirt pennies, and she went out Garage sailing..We met back at the house around noon to compare finds...then, she took this pic and made me post it...

She hates us, She made it a challenge of sorts to prove how we totally suck and are wasting our time when we could be working or mowing the lawn ...hence the rasberries...Good thing I'm not a Golfer! I can only imagine! "Hey baby, I did 19 holes and got a birdie today!" "Yeah? Whats a birdie worth to me?!"...Well, I also found a pretty plush towel....:laughing:

Wow that IS quite the haul !! I did get lucky last year and found a beautiful 10 kt. singapore chain, and a real nice 10 kt. 3 in 1 figaro bracelet for a $1.00 a pc. Also some sterling necklaces, he had no idea what he had. Funny thing is I was looking to buy a singapore but just did not want to shell out the $$ for it. Weird how things work out. I'm all about the hunt, above or below the dirt !! HH ALL !!

Back
Top Bottom