KT learns about kidney stones...the hard way!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Last night around 9:30 pm, KT began to have some local lower abdomenal pain, in the lower left back and frontal area, radiating down to The Royal left testicle...:please: yeouch!

Enough was finally enough, so off to the Royal Hospital, with a diagnosis of 7 mm kidney stone stuck in tube from kidney to bladder. Sonic destruction, followed by a stint in that tube to allow particle to pass.

Not a pleasant experience, but...KT sure loves morphine! :laughing::laughing:
Now back at the Castle with only minor side effects, and drinking lots of water! Another day at the Castle! :laughing::p:p

Last night around 9:30 pm, KT began to have some local lower abdomenal pain, in the lower left back and frontal area, radiating down to The Royal left testicle...:please: yeouch!

Enough was finally enough, so off to the Royal Hospital, with a diagnosis of 7 mm kidney stone stuck in tube from kidney to bladder. Sonic destruction, followed by a stint in that tube to allow particle to pass.

Not a pleasant experience, but...KT sure loves morphine! :laughing::laughing:
Now back at the Castle with only minor side effects, and drinking lots of water! Another day at the Castle! :laughing::p:p

Damn KT I can relate to that as I had one .. but it was only like 4 mm I can't imagine a 7. that was the first time in 10 years I have puked and it was purely from the pain and for no other reason. I didn't have to have mine blasted but was 3 days of Hell.

Hope you get back in the Royal Saddle post haste !!

Recent CT scans I've had show I have some small kidney stones but they said they are too small to worry about right now so I may have to deal with 'em at some point down the line. I also found out I had a non-cancerous cyst and some stones in my Gallbladder but when I had my 4th Parastomal Hernia repair last July, the whole thing was removed while in there due to the very large amount of mesh material they have used. They said it was better to remove it and be done with it. Appendix and Lg. Intestine gone too.

Someday I'll just be a head on two legs if this keeps up.:lol:

Get well KT so you can resume swinging the Royal Detector.

BTW they gave me dilaudid for pain once and *what* a high!

GLASSHOPPER

Glad you made it thru KT! Yep I had a flashback to a few years ago middle of the night, the dead of winter, wife drove me to ER. Thought I had food poisoning, but EMT at the desk said I was doing the “kidney stone dance”. Nothing but horrible pain and dry heaves all nite (six hour wait in ER). Yes, morphine is a wonderful drug. I passed stone next day, it was jagged-edged and triangular.

That’s when I gave up the Gatorade after my doctor’s advice. Not a stone since.

KT certainly appreciates the sympathy of everyone born of experience, and this was A Royal First. Fortunately, they only took 1 hour from walking in to being admitted, during which KT had a CT scan, changed from His Royal Robes into the bare butt hospital gown.:laughing::laughing: Then at the hour, Dr. came in and gave KT his Royal Diagnosis. About 10 minutes passed, and The Royal Personage was EKGed and lines installed, then that wonderful morphine! Went in at 3:30 am and was in surgery at 9 am.

Do have a funny story in this. From previous experience, when the nurse told His Highness she was giving Me a relaxation drug before going to surgery, KT said, Have had that before, and could not pull myself from the gurney to the surgery table! This time KT fell asleep on the gurney and does not remember anything til Waking up in recovery!

They gave me a little strainer cup and was told to urinate through it until I see the Dr. in two weeks...they musta done a real pulverization job on that stone because His Majesty has not passed anything larger than half the diameter of a grain of beach sand. Well, to be honest KT did pass a couple of soft pea sized blobs, but they turned out to be blood clots from the surgery! That was surprising as they said nothing about that!

So far this morning, after a fitful night's sleep, KT feels a lot better. KT expects to be available for His Normal Royal Activities by tomorrow! That means a trip to Ye Royale Bank for the Boxes ! :D :D

Glad you made it thru KT! Yep I had a flashback to a few years ago middle of the night, the dead of winter, wife drove me to ER. Thought I had food poisoning, but EMT at the desk said I was doing the “kidney stone dance”. Nothing but horrible pain and dry heaves all nite (six hour wait in ER). Yes, morphine is a wonderful drug. I passed stone next day, it was jagged-edged and triangular.

That’s when I gave up the Gatorade after my doctor’s advice. Not a stone since.

Yep, why is it stuff like this is always in the middle of the night?? :lol::lol:

Recent CT scans I've had show I have some small kidney stones but they said they are too small to worry about right now so I may have to deal with 'em at some point down the line. I also found out I had a non-cancerous cyst and some stones in my Gallbladder but when I had my 4th Parastomal Hernia repair last July, the whole thing was removed while in there due to the very large amount of mesh material they have used. They said it was better to remove it and be done with it. Appendix and Lg. Intestine gone too.

Someday I'll just be a head on two legs if this keeps up.:lol:

Get well KT so you can resume swinging the Royal Detector.

BTW they gave me dilaudid for pain once and *what* a high!

GLASSHOPPER

Ha ha! KT has a nice hole in His Royal Back from a cyst removal years ago. KT has not had diladid, but sounds like a fun time!:laughing::laughing:

And ye, KT had previously been diagnosed with a number of tiny kidney stones high up in the kidney. Apparently this one escaped and grew up! :lol::lol:

Damn KT I can relate to that as I had one .. but it was only like 4 mm I can't imagine a 7. that was the first time in 10 years I have puked and it was purely from the pain and for no other reason. I didn't have to have mine blasted but was 3 days of Hell.

Hope you get back in the Royal Saddle post haste !!

KT did feel nauseos while in the waiting room, and was given an airline type barf bag, but never had to use it! :nono:

The blasting required no surgery, but the stint did. Sorry about those days of hell, KT cannot imagine that!:(:(

Nice going on the healing, Your Royal Highness! I hope you never have to have a Nasogastric (NG) tube put through a nostril and down through your throat. You NEVER want to go through that, believe me. You WILL need to keep the "airline" bag close by. I had it 8 times since 2016 and I vow to never go through that ever again. :no:

KT has heard it described as the closest a man will ever feel to child birth pain!

HaHa!!!! That's what the nurse told me when I had my first one. The now ex-wife heard her say that and each time I had a stone after that she reminded me that she had had two children. Then, as almost always happens, she got her lesson in smack talking. Her kidney stone took two weeks to pass and two trips to the hospital (one in an ambulance). She then proclaimed a kidney stone was FAR worse than having children and I never had to listen to her giving me a hard time about that again.

All in all I've passed between 30-35 kidney stones over the past 35 years. One summer there were roughly 20 or so and the rest have been spread out over the years. Some were small and passed in a day or so with relatively little pain. Others put me on the floor yelling and screaming. Several trips to the ER and the last one, a year or so ago, the doc at urgent care proclaimed I had a serious kidney infection that left untreated would have killed me within a very short time. Turns out it was just a stone.

I hope this is the only time you have to experience this. After a while it gets old.

When I had mine I was in the ER and the nurse told me that she had three children and had one kidney stone. She said the stone hurt more. I told her that she was not making me feel better. LOL

A lot depends on size and shape concerning pain. KT's was 7 mm in diameter, nearly 1/4 inch, and got stuck in the tube between the kidney and the bladder. The pain is mostly due to the fact that the kidney cannot get rid of urine.

HaHa!!!! That's what the nurse told me when I had my first one. The now ex-wife heard her say that and each time I had a stone after that she reminded me that she had had two children. Then, as almost always happens, she got her lesson in smack talking. Her kidney stone took two weeks to pass and two trips to the hospital (one in an ambulance). She then proclaimed a kidney stone was FAR worse than having children and I never had to listen to her giving me a hard time about that again.

All in all I've passed between 30-35 kidney stones over the past 35 years. One summer there were roughly 20 or so and the rest have been spread out over the years. Some were small and passed in a day or so with relatively little pain. Others put me on the floor yelling and screaming. Several trips to the ER and the last one, a year or so ago, the doc at urgent care proclaimed I had a serious kidney infection that left untreated would have killed me within a very short time. Turns out it was just a stone.

I hope this is the only time you have to experience this. After a while it gets old.

His Majesty hopes so too! But am going to help myself by drinking lots of water forever!

OuchKabibble! I've never had a Kidney Stone yet, but plenty of my Friends and Acquaintances have...I wonder what causes them? Drinking too much milk and not enough beer/coffee? If so I'm safe there...I dont drink milk, I dont believe Mammals are supposed to drink milk once they are two years old..

I also wonder, what did the Olde Timers do back in the 60's? No ER or nothing? Can Kidney Stones kill you or just make you wish you were dead? How come we never hear stories about Kidney stones except for lately? Surely there has to be some historical precedence?

I think the Dairy Industrial Complex is to blame for Kidney Stones!..they are out to sell milk, so they say we need it for 'strong bone's?...Well, all the other Mammals on the Planet seem to get along just fine without it...Beer and coffee on the other hand, never seem to cause any kind of problems! Not like wizzing out a 7 oz concrete cockleburr anyway! :laughing:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Luckily I've never went through that but know some that have and the Royal pain from them.. GWS...

From what I've seen online, different substances in foods and not drinking enough water in one's diet contribute to stones. The water helps flush out these substances. Men are more prone to getting stones than women also.

Regarding Beer... I had one Buddy who didnt drink a drop and got them, and another who drinks like everyday is Oktoberfest who got them, so beer aint a cause or a cure...:?: Maybe its Flouride in the water?

Back
Top Bottom