• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My best finds to date.

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
First my best coin find:

1893.jpg

1893CC eagle. Last year from Carson City and only 14 thousand made.

Best Ring find:

ice1-1.jpg

1.1 carat princess cut with 16 smaller princess cut in 18K white gold.

Best token

press1.jpg

Citizenpresstoken.jpg

Good for 5.00 in gold if turned into the Citizen Press in Jackson MI before Aug 1, 1914

Favorite relic:

lamp.jpg

Oil headlight from car before electric ones. Company went out of business in 1915.

Favorite bottle:
cronk.jpg

Calnon and Cronk Mineral water. 1852. This is the 4th known in existance.

I sold the bottle for 450.00. At the time 3 years ago it was a house payment.

The gold coin rang in as a zinc penny at 5 inches in a park. The thrill of finding one is awesome! I covered my hole and went straight home holding it in my hand. It really was unbelievable.

Thank you for your comments.

Your back with a swing! Some terrific finds! It's a shame you were a few years late in regard to the redemption of the medallion?

Very nice finds! I have a bottle i found there may not be another one known. I put in for a drawing to be on the Antiques road show.So fingers crossed i get picked. You can't buy tickets.Got a couple bottles i want them to look at. Mineral water bottles are one of those really desirable bottles to collect.

Yes, I contacted the paper and they have NO idea why it was made unfortunately. I wish they would research it. Just a tad late and in 1914 5.00 was a weeks pay for some.

Good luck with your bottles. You never know. I posted mine on another site and it was seen by a bottle collector in Detroit. He only had a piece of one. His bottle collection was amazing.

Thanks for your comments. I have tons to share and lots of fun with this hobby.

Man that ring is beautiful, have you had a jewler look at it to see if it is real? What did it look like when you found it? Looks brand new. My wife would love it if I could find something half as nice as that, lol!!! Thanks for sharing!! :D

Man that ring is beautiful, have you had a jewler look at it to see if it is real? What did it look like when you found it? Looks brand new. My wife would love it if I could find something half as nice as that, lol!!! Thanks for sharing!! :D

LOL story behind that ring. Found it and came out of the water. Couldn't see any marks on it but a 9 or a 6. put it on my pinky finger and continued deteteting. Got out of the lake and off the island and into a city. TWO minutes before 6pm I walked into a jewelry store that was closing. I was still in my wetsuit. They kind of looked at me strange. I said just please tell me if this is real. They tested it and said it certainly was and I had a 12 to 14 grand ring! 18K white gold and the main princess cut diamond was flawless.

Made my week!!

Nice finds! Good to see someone else finding the goods in Michigan. I grew up near PH in a little town called Marlette. Worked at the BWB for several years as a Customs/Immigration Officer.

I may be back to MI this summer, maybe we can get together for some 'tectin.

Congrats on some cool finds,

Greg

Wow! I'm thinking those amazing finds would make the tops of most of our lists. Good huntin'!

Back
Top Bottom