Finally able to get the Simplex out

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I’ve owned a Simplex machine for over a month now and haven’t been able to get out with it because of work, home and the weather not cooperating. Today I had some time to get some swinging in. It’s definitely going to take some time to learn this machine as I’m usually swinging a Fisher machine.
I got two hours of hunting in today and I definitely like the Simplex, I’m just so used to my F70 though. I didn’t find anything of value, but I’ve never been worried about that since I hunt to unearth history. Here are some pics of today’s finds. I was able to find a broken saw blade, a file, a water sprinkler can lid, a broken hatchet head, an old concrete trowel and a piece that I’m not very sure about. The unknown piece looks like a house or small building but I have no idea of its purpose. I posted a pic of the front, the side and the bottom of “the house”. I appreciate any and all input on what it might be.

Thank you for looking and happy hunting to all!

Attachments

• F0C57662-CD8F-41FB-BB39-CA43219B9211.jpg
    F0C57662-CD8F-41FB-BB39-CA43219B9211.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 270
  • 0252FA69-75F2-4889-838E-6D367E4433E1.jpg
    0252FA69-75F2-4889-838E-6D367E4433E1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 224
  • EE6F5ACB-882D-4DA0-961F-46A6C41F56F5.jpg
    EE6F5ACB-882D-4DA0-961F-46A6C41F56F5.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 26C6FCDD-814B-4D29-AE6C-C13CE66289B7.jpg
    26C6FCDD-814B-4D29-AE6C-C13CE66289B7.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 213
Glad to see that you're braving the heat of NW Ohio. Learning curve, hang in there you will get used to it and I'm sure you will enjoy your new machine.

I bought the wife a Simplex here a few months ago. I've tried swinging it a little here n there but im stuck on my Nox. She HATED the Nox so I got her the Simplex instead. The only gripe I have with it is the chatter it makes when she turns on the pin pointer lol. Oh man that thing lights up. Hopefully someone figures out a way to fix that and it'll be a solid machine.

I bought the wife a Simplex here a few months ago. I've tried swinging it a little here n there but im stuck on my Nox. She HATED the Nox so I got her the Simplex instead. The only gripe I have with it is the chatter it makes when she turns on the pin pointer lol. Oh man that thing lights up. Hopefully someone figures out a way to fix that and it'll be a solid machine.

If you lay the Simplex on the ground with the coil turned away from you it will help with the chatter. Not a big deal if you are not using headphones, if you are using them, see if you are running firmware version 2.77. Nokta added the mute function by pressing the pinpoint button quickly to engage/disengage. I believe that was the exact reason they added.;)

If you lay the Simplex on the ground with the coil turned away from you it will help with the chatter. Not a big deal if you are not using headphones, if you are using them, see if you are running firmware version 2.77. Nokta added the mute function by pressing the pinpoint button quickly to engage/disengage. I believe that was the exact reason they added.;)

Awesome! I'll check into it. Thank you!

So you got a Simplex...Nice!
Looks like a fun one to swing.

It was a very hard decision because I am so loyal to Fisher. The reasons I decided to pull the trigger were the cost and the fact that it’s a water machine. I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about the Simplex. As of right now, my F70 is still my favorite machine, but I’m early in the learning stages of the Simplex.

I have noticed that too. I’ve been turning my machine off after I’ve pinpointed the object and then turn it back on after I refill the plug. It’s kind of a pain in the backside but at least I’m saving every bit of power that I can I guess? :laughing:

Hey, thanks for that info, I’m definitely going to try that.

The mystery piece... maybe the lid to a vintage wall mounted mailbox? Only thing I could come up with.

Back
Top Bottom