• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

P I detector progress - Alexander Tartare

lytle78

Elite Member
This guy spent 10 years or so studying and modifying PI detectors - mostly Eric Foster machines. A couple of years ago I came across some posts on the Geotech forum about a new PI detector called the Manta, developed by this Alexandre - who is a physicist and electronics developer (with a good day job!). I sort of filed the info away as the project seemed likely not to be developed into a marketable machine.

Fast forward to the end of last week. I had called someone at First Texas to ask a few questions about the AmeriTek program. The conversation got around to when FT would deliver on their much rumored new technology. Of course, I got nothing concrete - I didn't expect that.

Imagine my surprise when - as he started talking about the strength of their engineering team - he mentioned that they had recently hired Alexandre Tartar! Wow.

That tells me a lot. We have all wondered when FT would bring out PI detectors, maybe that day just got closer?

Here's a link to his linkdin page - where it says "Physician" - I think he means "Physicist" - the French word is "Physicien".

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tartar-alexandre-b7131b99/

Rick Kempf

That is very interesting. When was the last time First Texas (Fishers) mfg'd a PI? Pretty sure it was the impulse....what was that, 25 years ago?

If they do develop a PI, I wonder what market segment they are going to aim for? Will it be the $6-800 range to compete with Sand Sharks and Sea Hunters, or will they shoot for the sky and take aim at the ATX and GPZ?

Better yet, maybe they'll work on a multi-frequency VLF to compete with the CTX. The CZ series is still based on 1980's dual-frequency tech.

Back
Top Bottom