My day at North Myrtle Beach.

JamieB

I hope that my picture works. I had a weekend with the wife and some friends at the beach this weekend. I managed to ditch everyone for a little time bonding on the beach with the metal detector. I found my first tungsten ring. I didn't even know that they made rings out if tungsten. It was huge and just fell off my finger. Also found a little corroded clad and a bracelet. Of course the daughter confiscated the bracelet when I got home. I was glad to let her have it. :grin:

Jamie.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 615
Sounds like a good day at the beach. Might take a day trip up there soon.

I got out some Saturday when the weather was still great. I threw away all of the pull tabs and misc junk before the picture. It was a lot of fun. I even had a blond in a bikini help me dig a hole. When I asked how old she was, she held up three fingers and said "Ize this many".

Glad you had fun. Last I was up there was right after Christmas and the weather turned bad. Only detected for an hour or so. Look me up if you ever get to the Charleston area.

I like those tungston carbide rings, usually shiny and always look like brand new. They cannot be resized. Good hunt and nice finds.

Glad you had fun. Last I was up there was right after Christmas and the weather turned bad. Only detected for an hour or so. Look me up if you ever get to the Charleston area.

I will do that. That's my favorite area of the state. I've never done any detecting there, always too busy when we're down. I'll be sure to let you know, though! I would think that would be a great area.

Jamie

I like those tungston carbide rings, usually shiny and always look like brand new. They cannot be resized. Good hunt and nice finds.

Thanks. I wondered about having it resized. I don't know how long it was buried, but it looks brand new. I was hoping for platinum when I first saw it!

I will do that. That's my favorite area of the state. I've never done any detecting there, always too busy when we're down. I'll be sure to let you know, though! I would think that would be a great area.

Jamie
10-4. The beaches are pretty good but finding places to hunt in the dirt are becoming very difficult. Just pm me when you think you're headed this way.

Thanks. I wondered about having it resized. I don't know how long it was buried, but it looks brand new. I was hoping for platinum when I first saw it!

That is one thing bad about tungsten rings, they can't be re-sized and have no scrap value.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. I was having a great time regardless of what I was finding. Maybe one day I'll find gold like Hamid!

You did good for this time of the year. Titanium, Tungsten, Cobalt and Stainless rings are common finds. None can be re-sized and they are not precious metals so there is no value except for the wearer as jewelry. I found several last summer and sold them all for about $25 for the lot of about 9 rings. Still a fun thing to find!!! Better than digging pull tabs or other junk. Too bad it does not fit you.

Back
Top Bottom