Second Beach Hunt for year!

local_coins

Elite Member
Its funny how my last post I told you I usually coin shoot and here I am posting in the beach section. I went back to the same beach hoping to score some more rings. I had ZERO luck on the beach except for the Nickel which I found without the detector :grin:

I moved to a corner of the beach where last year there was a playground that the city decided to get rid of sometime between then and now. There is about 6 inches of sand removed from this area so the result is a deeper hunt which yielded some old coins tonight! My beach hunt turned into a coin shoot afterall :lol:

The 1941 Mercury Dime is in really good shape. You can see all of the bands in the faces. The Silver Roosie is 1964. I also found 2 Wheaties 1947 and the other I have not yet got a date off of. I'll post when I find the date.

I plan on hitting that section some more. There was alot of different hits that I didnt understand so I left them for now.

Thanks for reading, HH!

Attachments

• W. Lake Beach Finds 6 6 06.jpg
    W. Lake Beach Finds 6 6 06.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 184
Update on coin date

Got some of the crust off the second wheat cent and it turned out to be older than I had expected-1920! A nice surprise!

Don't buy a water machine Local... you will never want to dirt dig again lol... my land machines are collecting dust in the closet :)

Hello Craig nice finds...Im sure with the rough surf from this June nor'easter the bottom will be stirred up pretty well....I see in the Conn

Cfmct-PI said:
Don't buy a water machine Local... you will never want to dirt dig again lol... my land machines are collecting dust in the closet :)

That is the truth :D

Back
Top Bottom