Hilton Head Revisited

GaBeachsweeper

Forum Supporter
Ok guys; you can just guess how this is gonna turn out! :mad:
The wife and I trek back to Hilton Head with kid and bud in tow. The step-son tries the Garrett for about 5 minutes and fizzles interest-wise. Next chapter the wife picks it up while I am searching merrily amongst the baby conchs and sand-dollars but digging precious few targets. Not ten minutes later I shoot a glimpse back toward where she  went and HERE she comes with this HUGE grin on her face. I immediately hope she's turned off the Garrett or my Excal will go berserk, relief, she has. Then she holds out her hand with a Man's 10K Wedding Band in it. I think to myself, THIS IS GREAT she'll be hooked and I can go hunting more often cuz she'll just say LET'S GO! Then I start thinking, Hmmm where's my gold for today? So I go into overdrive not wanting to be outdone. But, of course to no avail. I end up with more targets dug but just bottle caps bolts coins and a small earring. I gotta figure how to avoid being upstaged when we go to Myrtle Beach the week of the Fourth. I have the floating sifter done except for the coating on the styro-foam and I plan to become down-right PRUNE_LIKE from time spent in the water there. Bill Babbs's straight shaft is the ticket but the Excal is still a LOAD. Thank GOD for Ibuprofen. Gotta build up that endurance.
HH all.
Jim
HiltoHead06-NextEpisode002.jpg

HiltoHead06-NextEpisode006.jpg

Jim

Your wifey found a nice ring, me likes it a lot :) You can't find all the goodies all the time ;)

Nice going, she's hooked for sure now!

By the way, where's Hilton Head? In GA? We'll be heading down through GA next week, would love to detect with you and the wifey.

CarolK;
Sorry about that! Hilton Head Island is on the South Carolina coast sorta south of Beaufort S. C. and north of Savannah Ga. I am mulling a run back down this Friday but not sure of possible schedule conflicts yet. Taking a wait'n see stance. Hope you find time and a place to hunt as you travel through. Where ya headed?
Jim

Hi Jim, final destination is Fort Myers FL. We're heading out tonight so we can get to the other side of New York without getting stuck in traffic. :P

We're not rushing down, we plan on taking our time and we'll be staying at campgrounds all the way and following the shoreline and beach detecting. It's possible we'll be in GA Wed or Thurs.

Carol,
We'll be working through Thursday. I don't think there's much of a window for us to look at a get-together. We made a trip to Hilton head again Fri., fun but no eyebrowlifters. Hope you all have a great trip.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom