Super Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse Tonight!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
So...In a few hours, go outside and point your coil at the sky, fire up your rig, maybe take a picture through the coil, maybe lay out all your rigs on the deck to absorb the power of this celestial phenomenon!...

Since time immemorial, subsistence hunters witness these outdoor phenomenons and place a high value on them as omens of good hunting and good luck...We are kindred spirits and poor representative remnants to the hunters long gone...

They were hunting Mammoths on the vast Siberian steppes...We are hunting totlot pennies..same spirit in a different age and time....as Robert William Service wrote about..."The Men that dont fit in"....'Theres a race of Men that dont fit in, a race that cant stay still, so they break the hearts of kith and kin and roam the World at will'....

This is a huge Planet and these coils are so small and our time here is short, so a guy could use all the help we can get!...

So yeah, go out and witness the Super Blood Lunar Eclipse tonight...take your rig, consider the hunters that went wandering before us....it cant hurt..:laughing:...Maybe recite a poem..crack a beer, take a squirt, light up a smoke?...Something Manly! :laughing:

'A rolling stone, bred to the bone, a Man who wont fit in!"

Last edited:
Ha. Yeah my kids are excited to see it. Clear skies on Wilmington island. Off tomorrow so I may be swinging my coil after I knock down the honey to do list a little.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

:fullmoon: like some sort of med-evil voodoo tribal ritual?
I'll even break out my coyote caller.
Its clear & cold out here tonight, (-8 degrees) right now.
The sound should carry a long ways !

:fullmoon: like some sort of med-evil voodoo tribal ritual?
I'll even break out my coyote caller.
Its clear & cold out here tonight, (-8 degrees) right now.
The sound should carry a long ways !

As a coyote caller you know EXACTLY what I'm saying! Crank that screaming rabbit volumn like its a Central Park Cher Concert! :laughing:

I'm watching it through the window. I'm not going outside with the temp hovering around 5 degrees and a 15 mile an hour wind howling at me. I'll do all those manly things Mud Puppy suggested some other time. Brrrrrr….wake me up in May.

I chose to sleep through it. I was completely confident that it would happen with out me, that I would be warmer, and I would see a video of it after it happened...........yep my ESP worked and my predictions came true!

It was quite a sight to behold. First, the fullness and brightness of the super wolf moon cast more light on the ground than the streetlights. Then I popped out to see the darkness beginning to creep upward, cutting into the roundness and brightness, in dramatic fashion. Back inside to warm up, and finish watching "Mr. Woodcock". One more time, just before/around 11, I went out for a nice clear gaze at a true blood moon! A person that pays attention to these things only sees a few of these in a lifetime. Not a huge "WOW!" deal, but more of a think/imagine/wonder scenario.
I do regret not trying to ground balance the Equinox, just for shniggles. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom