Which whites is comparble to the Ace 250?

Bajanick

Elite Member
Which whites is comparable to the Ace 250?

I always hear about the Ace 250 being a good machine and an excellent deal for the price.
What whites is comparable.?

Thanks.

For the price, I'm not sure Whites has one that is comparable. Word has it that the Fisher F2 is though. The ACE 250 is a unique machine in that price range. Garrett did real well when they came out with it.

The Prizm II is in the same price range though.

It's really hard to compare the ace to any entry level machine. It is pretty much in a class all by itself. The only draw back of any would be that it has a set ground balance. It is not a machine for the wet sand on the beach or really highly mineralized soil. It can be used but there are better machines for that. Ice

Whites haven't got an offering to compete.
This kept the 250 price up for a long time.
Things changed when Bounty Hunter brought out the F2 and F4. Garrett (or rather some dealers) responded with a large price cut. Now you can get the price cut and a range of free kit so at least in Europe its still a best buy amongst lower priced detectors.

If your wanting a Whites specifically Nick then the Prizm IV OR V at the least. But the F2 is my choice for features, speed,readout, tones, and sensitivity and the price is right. Ok Nick if I can help you further just email or call.

John T.

No, i have/had a prizm IV, just wondering what the ace 250 is like.
The Ace is like the Prizm you have/had but it has a more delayed recovery time,I prefer the Prizm's tones (I didn't like the belltones on the Ace), pinpointing is better with the Prizm although it is easy to pinpoint with the Ace once you get the hang of it, in my opinion it would be a step down from your Prizm IV. Steve.

Back
Top Bottom