New guy in East TN

93civEJ1

Hi all. I suddenly have got the MD itch. Not sure why all of a sudden.
My grandfather (who is no longer around), used to MD. Some of my memories include riding with him to places and watching him go at it.

I got a harbor freight gift card in the mail for free, and could not think of anything I needed with it. Suddenly the bug bit me and I was like, I wonder if harbor freight has a metal detector?

Sure enough, they have the HF-9 function model. I ran by there earlier with my 20% off coupon in hand, and a coupon for free batteries. Got me a big hunting knife to dig with.

I know its not the best setup, but my funds are low currently for "fun stuff". I am in the process of having a home built and all money is going to that currently.

So I am 0 dollars invested currently.

I brought it home, put it together, and went outside for about 45 mins to an hour in the back yard of the rental home.

I pulled about 5 nails, some scrap, and a metal pipe about 7" long. Not what I was hoping, but right now im learning and digging up pretty much everything.

I still have to learn where exactly to dig as compared to the sound.

Oh well......Hi!

Thanks yall. I really hope to learn a few things on here over time and reading. I will probably mess around with this no cost harbor freight special for now, but it appears that I can pick up a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV for 40% off at hobby lobby if I scrounge up enough money.

Back
Top Bottom