I need to locate the owner

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I was driving around the other day and stumbled across this site. I'd love to hunt this property so my mission is to locate the owner. The lawn is kept up (not badly overgrown) so I'm guessing it wouldn't be to difficult to find out who owns the property. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 413
Good luck...

Permission is tough around the a$$hole triangle.. (Toledo, Detroit, AnnArbor)

<°)))>{

Hey! Thats MY house! WTH? You know I'm trying to sell the place! I cant have no diddly dink digging up the yard! Forget about it and Go hit a chip totter..!.

Ok, since you are a Forum Brother, go ahead and give it a quick strong sweep and knock the heads off the dandelions with your F70 wouldja?...Its sorta fun..

You might be able to check at your county courthouse. If you have an address and a basic location, they might be able to tell you who owns it. If that falls through, neighbors are my favorite way of finding out who owns ground near them. Plus, you might be able to make a connection with the neighbor about detecting on their ground too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to your county auditor's web site and look for something like "property search".

You'll find everything you need to know about that house.

I spy a posted sign on that barn. Good luck! The kicker is the owner is supposed to put their info on that posted sign. If they do, and you walk up to read the sign, you're now trespassing! :laughing:

There is indeed a no trespassing sign hung on the barn (seen in pic) and also this dwelling is in a county where metal detecting is not legal unless I get permission from the landowner. I'm not exactly sure why detecting is not permitted in the this county since it is legal in all of the neighboring counties. The only reason I can come up, but don't know for sure is that a battlefield from the War of 1812 (Ft. Meigs) is in this county, but this property is nowhere near the battle site.

I've found many of property owners using the link below, Just click where it says REVERSE ADDRESS if you don't know the address of that place just put in a nearby address & it will give you the names of all property owners in the general area..:grin:

http://neighbors.whitepages.com/

On your computer, check and see if your county has put your property records on the computer. Down here it is called the "GIS" system. It gives you the property owner and the bounders of his property. Good luck with your quest.

I found a spot just like this! Stone foundation big old barn. One day the owner was mowing so i pulled over and asked if i could hunt there.

annnnnndddd no.

He said it has been detected before. I told him that i would still love to look around. Still no. :(

I drive past it everyday on my way to work.

Back
Top Bottom