Fisher F5 Problem

demyansk1942

Elite Member
I turn on the metal detector and a few of the push buttons are not working. I checked the connection = secure

The buttons don't work when I push down on them
Phase Lock
Tone
Notch
Frequency

The MD also makes continuous sounds

Changed batteries = same problem

It seems that after the last hunt, problems started and I have a feeling some rain drops entered the detector.

Any suggestions? Send back to Fisher?

I turn on the metal detector and a few of the push buttons are not working. I checked the connection = secure

The buttons don't work when I push down on them
Phase Lock
Tone
Notch
Frequency

The MD also makes continuous sounds

Changed batteries = same problem

It seems that after the last hunt, problems started and I have a feeling some rain drops entered the detector.

Any suggestions? Send back to Fisher?

Always call them first...if you get someone knowledgeable, (maybe Felix), they will help with some good advice.
You have to get a Return Merchandise Authority, (RMA, RGA), number before any return anyway in case it needs to take a trip home.

Hi Digger,
How are you doing? This is like the second time this has happened or this time much worse from what I can tell.

I'll see if they call back, is Felix on the forums?

Hi Digger,
How are you doing? This is like the second time this has happened or this time much worse from what I can tell.

I'll see if they call back, is Felix on the forums?

No, but he is one of the heads of one department there, maybe repair, and has helped others in the past so most mention talk to him if you can.
A pretty knowledgeable bunch there but there are some that aren't quite up on some things.
For years you call that place and ask if the F4 GB settings in all metal will transfer over to the disc and depending on who you talked to some techs said yes, others said no.
This went on for years...some just weren't getting the memos or cared to look into the matter for the truth.

I had to deal with a used broken BH that I started with and sent e mails to them and Felix replied.
He wasn't any help because what I was asking about in an effort to fix my unit, a GB pot adjustment on my board, was evidently proprietary and a state secret...but he was nice about it.

I just sent it back and this will be the last time for this. I'll just buy a new one. You would think the tech guys in the shop would know what to do. I mean, hopefully they go out and hunt for items. I mean, the company should be sending their employees out on hunts so they know the detectors inside and out.

I work in my office and after 23 years, I know or have a way to answer questions and get back to people on what to do.

Back
Top Bottom