Shiny coins?

Jarrett

So I would like to know what is the best way to make a coin super shiny mostly talking about older coppers. Now before the coin police come I understand this will destroy the value but the coins are pretty much garbage anyway. I have an idea on a art display for my collection. I would like to shine up a few older pennies and am wondering if there is a way to do this without buffing the heck out of them. Any ideas?

vinegar and salt will make them bling. keep adding salt and stirring until the salt does not dissolve anymore. if there not too bad they will shine up right before your eyes

If you run them through a rock tumbler for 2 days with water, a drop of dish soap, and ceramic tumbling media, they'll come out polished. I've done it with large cents and indians and things just goofing around.

If you decide to use water for anything, make sure it's distilled water. Any other kind of water will have impurities that will take the shine away after a few days.

No not Apple vinegar should I be? Haven't read anywhere that I should. Tried clr had similar results. Guess I'll try the dremel out just was hoping there was a faster method. Thanks for all the help everyone

No not Apple vinegar should I be? Haven't read anywhere that I should. Tried clr had similar results. Guess I'll try the dremel out just was hoping there was a faster method. Thanks for all the help everyone

Did you watch the video? That is pretty quick. How much faster do you need them shiny? :p

I usually leave 'em in the tumbler for 2 or 3 hours but they're never very clean...guess I need to leave them in longer. I use fish tank rocks, would that hinder the cleaning process?

Back
Top Bottom