Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 02-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Elite Member

Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas
Default Married life...

Attached Images

Currently hunting with an F70, a Mojave and a borrowed Red Racer.
Plus a Nox 800.

1 members found this post helpful.
Members of Friendly Metal Detecting Forums have rated post 2893075 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!
Old 02-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Administrator

My wife doesn't give two hoots about my hobby or has any clue what I own But I know how many stupid pairs of shoes she owns Its like every week she comes in with a new pair... god forbid they get caught wearing the same pair to work twice...

Banned Spammers 788

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Elite Member

I told my wife I wanted a new machine with our tax return, she told me I had to sell the other 4 first . She just don't understand, keep trying to tell her MD's are like screwdrivers, you can never have enough of them and you need different ones for different jobs.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:25 AM
Supporter

Wait a minute and THINK! The very best Husband a gal could wish for is one with the dedication and passion for Metal Detecting!

All the other worthless time and money wasting Male targeted pastimes a guy could fall victim to? Besides the obvious Golf addiction of course, the biggest 'ROI negative' Spousal/Familial impact interests a guy could get hisself in?

I submit, In order of detrimental magnitude, ....'Internet News Sites, WOW, Farmville, Duck hunting, Deer hunting, Pro bass fishing tournaments, Gambling, Woodchopping, Scratchoffs, Birding, Gardening, Numismatics, NASCAR, Pro or Collegiate Sports, Ant Killing, Snake hunting, Bug chasing, Mole trapping, Stamp Collecting, Astronomy, Astrology, Vaping, Bar-B-que grilling, Worm hunting, Garage Sailing,!...

I could go on and on! Boil it down, if a Girl is lucky enough to find a guy who is supremely addicted to just Metal Detecting as a hobby? Yeah! Thats solid and steadfast marriage material right there!! 'course girls dont think, we all know this..they go for the worthless guy with a hot car and can dance like John Travolta....

Luckily, this Sport is a great Mans insulator and safety net to avoid meeting girls in the first place...pretty good track record anyway...,

The main problem with Girls and Wives in general? Sooner or later, a guy must ask himself...'If I wanted to piss away my money for a screeching lifetime companion on something that cant cook? Why didnt I just get myself a parrot?'

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Last edited by Mud-puppy; 02-12-2018 at 11:48 AM.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Supporter

Talking

Originally Posted by Cfmct View post
My wife doesn't give two hoots about my hobby or has any clue what I own But I know how many stupid pairs of shoes she owns Its like every week she comes in with a new pair... god forbid they get caught wearing the same pair to work twice...

Got me wondering if they ever invented a shoe that could change appearance rather than having to get a new pair for every look so I just now did a search, and they did, just tell your wife this is the only pair she needs till she wears them out

https://onesoleshoe.com/

(fortunately my wife is content with just a couple pairs of shoes, one for dress and one for exercise and casual )

John 3:5 Acts 2:38
Navy Vet

Old 02-12-2018, 12:42 PM

I'm lucky, my wife and I both love this hobby, but she somehow ended up with the pin pointer. I lost the it the first day I got it, had to order another one.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Elite Member

What is really great is a wife that shares the love of metal detecting. As you all know, I am new to this, but I have planted the metal detecting seed and have seen it take hold. There is a definite sprout beginning to grow. Yes, I am a bit devious, but how else to get "carte blanche" on purchasing necessary items to get my "fix". Like I said before, I got bit hard, high up on the brain stem..

Old 02-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Elite Member

I got divorced back in 1971, 47 years ago after returning from Vietnam. I'm glad that I never remarried and have any problems like that.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by joey786 View post
I'm lucky, my wife and I both love this hobby, but she somehow ended up with the pin pointer. I lost the it the first day I got it, had to order another one.
Get yourself a retractable janitors key ring and strap it to your belt, never lose it again. spent an hour looking for mine once.... never again.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tpmetal View post
Get yourself a retractable janitors key ring and strap it to your belt, never lose it again. spent an hour looking for mine once.... never again.
very good idea

Old 02-12-2018, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by GKL View post

Got me wondering if they ever invented a shoe that could change appearance rather than having to get a new pair for every look so I just now did a search, and they did, just tell your wife this is the only pair she needs till she wears them out

(fortunately my wife is content with just a couple pairs of shoes, one for dress and one for exercise and casual )

You are a lucky guy... mine also has work out clothes for each class she goes to and that goes for her sneakers... The only time she even talks about my hobby is when I find gold and what the melt value is... like I am going to sell my gold I sell it when I want something.. I won't sell it for anything she wants

Banned Spammers 788

Old 02-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Elite Member

Make Some Out Of Coils

Custom Made _ One Of A Kind

SE GP-PK151 Compact Collapsible Magnetic Prospector’s Pick Plainsman Leather Gloves

Old 02-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Elite Member

My Wife of nearly 54 years has absolutely no interest in detecting. But she has never complained about the time i spend detecting as she knows the pleasure i receive from detecting.

While i am out detecting she has her hobby to keep her busy. She makes Beautiful quilts.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Administrator

You are a lucky guy... mine also has work out clothes for each class she goes to and that goes for her sneakers... The only time she even talks about my hobby is when I find gold and what the melt value is... like I am going to sell my gold I sell it when I want something.. I won't sell it for anything she wants
Craig, your comments about D prompted me to post what some
philosophers have said about wives.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showt...74#post2893174

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never, under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill, on the same night.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by georgeinsc View post
My Wife of nearly 54 years has absolutely no interest in detecting. But she has never complained about the time i spend detecting as she knows the pleasure i receive from detecting.

While i am out detecting she has her hobby to keep her busy. She makes Beautiful quilts.

,......wow,...that's impressive. she's talented.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Supporter

Talking

Hey, next time she asks about gold, tell her if she buys a detector you'll teach her how to look for her own gold (just be sure to smile when you say it )

Along the line of the old saying........

"Give a person some gold, satisfy them for a day, teach them how to find their own gold and you get to keep yours"

Navy Vet

Old 02-12-2018, 06:43 PM
Supporter

Talking

Originally Posted by georgeinsc View post

Very nice work !!!! I noticed some blue ribbons !

Navy Vet

Old 02-12-2018, 06:51 PM
Elite Member

They invented spray paint for leather and vinyl, comes in different colors
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Supporter

Hey, next time she asks about gold, tell her if she buys a detector you'll teach her how to look for her own gold (just be sure to smile when you say it )

Along the line of the old saying........

"Give a person some gold, satisfy them for a day, teach them how to find their own gold and you get to keep yours"
Then she would have to buy some detecting shoes.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:58 PM
Supporter

Talking

Originally Posted by Sven View post
They invented spray paint for leather and vinyl, comes in different colors

Hey, just buy your wife several different colors of the paint, wrap it up as a gift with a note, "this will save you a lot of time from shoe shopping"

Navy Vet