Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-13-2018, 02:54 AM
sandgroper's Avatar
sandgroper sandgroper is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 3,474
Default Clad, clad and more clad!

Here’s about two hours worth of digging at a local primary school. Clad total came to $55.07AUD (best clad hunt so far this year ) and I also found a junk ring and a few base-metal pendants. I’ve been to this school a few times before and found $20-$30, so this time I tried a few ‘new’ areas and it certainly paid off. One small (18x10ft) strip of lawn between two classrooms was especially productive, that’s where I found the junk ring and over $20, some coins were right on the surface. Thanks for looking and good luck out there!
Attached Images
 

__________________

Detectors: CTX 3030, X-Terra70, Pro-Find 25 Oldest Coin: 1866 English Penny
2018 totals: $1674.54AUD (599x$2, 314x$1, 95x50c, 253x20c, 323x10c, 427x5c, 309x2c, 461x1c) and 185 foreign, collectable or older Australian/English (pre-decimal) coins.
"Swing till your ears ring!"
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 02-13-2018, 08:14 PM
chihuahua5's Avatar
chihuahua5 chihuahua5 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Deep South Texas
Posts: 412
Default

That's a great haul! Good job!

__________________
F2, BHIV, Pioneer 101 and TEK Delta 4000, Lesche, Garrett AT pro-pointer

Oldest coin, 1869 2˘

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 02-13-2018, 08:57 PM
DiggerMD's Avatar
DiggerMD DiggerMD is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: South Ga..
Posts: 518
Default

Awesome hunt. Nothing wrong with a weeks lunch money.

__________________
9/14/17 start. BH Challenger, GP pin pointer, Lesche Sampson T handle, Leche style digger, and newly discovered flat tip screw driver, oldest 1917 (3)Mercury dime, 1887 (3) IHP, Clad $202.80/40.00

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 02-14-2018, 08:02 AM
sandgroper's Avatar
sandgroper sandgroper is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 3,474
Default

Originally Posted by chihuahua5 View post
That's a great haul! Good job!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by DiggerMD View post
Awesome hunt. Nothing wrong with a weeks lunch money.
Thank you!

__________________

Detectors: CTX 3030, X-Terra70, Pro-Find 25 Oldest Coin: 1866 English Penny
2018 totals: $1674.54AUD (599x$2, 314x$1, 95x50c, 253x20c, 323x10c, 427x5c, 309x2c, 461x1c) and 185 foreign, collectable or older Australian/English (pre-decimal) coins.
"Swing till your ears ring!"
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 02-14-2018, 11:09 AM
ATPro Dude's Avatar
ATPro Dude ATPro Dude is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southern Cailifornia
Posts: 860
Default

Off to a great start!! Keep it going!

atpro dude

__________________
Nox 800/ATPro 2013-17 Total: $6,726.49 2018: $1,231.09/127 Silver Rings 21/ Silver Quarter 1 Silver Dime 0 Gold 1 Plat 0 925 8

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 02-14-2018, 09:14 PM
DigDeepNow DigDeepNow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Montana
Posts: 301
Default

Very nice!!
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 02-15-2018, 05:08 AM
sandgroper's Avatar
sandgroper sandgroper is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 3,474
Default

Originally Posted by ATPro Dude View post
Off to a great start!! Keep it going!

atpro dude
Thanks! I see you're off to a good start too

Originally Posted by DigDeepNow View post
Very nice!!
Thank you!

__________________

Detectors: CTX 3030, X-Terra70, Pro-Find 25 Oldest Coin: 1866 English Penny
2018 totals: $1674.54AUD (599x$2, 314x$1, 95x50c, 253x20c, 323x10c, 427x5c, 309x2c, 461x1c) and 185 foreign, collectable or older Australian/English (pre-decimal) coins.
"Swing till your ears ring!"
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 02-15-2018, 06:07 AM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 10,885
Default

Found a nice strip of paydirt there didja! I like hunting Schools for that very reason myself...good study of Human travel and drop zones!

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 02-15-2018, 09:10 PM
ME&MYACE400's Avatar
ME&MYACE400 ME&MYACE400 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 567
Default

Originally Posted by sandgroper View post
Here’s about two hours worth of digging at a local primary school. Clad total came to $55.07AUD (best clad hunt so far this year ) and I also found a junk ring and a few base-metal pendants. I’ve been to this school a few times before and found $20-$30, so this time I tried a few ‘new’ areas and it certainly paid off. One small (18x10ft) strip of lawn between two classrooms was especially productive, that’s where I found the junk ring and over $20, some coins were right on the surface. Thanks for looking and good luck out there!
WOW, i love it

__________________
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Camo Diggers Pouch 1 1\2 Inch Paint Brush
13.5" Digging Knife And Minelab Pinpointer Pro 35
SE GP-PK151 Compact Collapsible Magnetic Prospector’s Pick Plainsman Leather Gloves

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 02-16-2018, 08:06 PM
kidlester kidlester is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bryan,Tx
Posts: 236
Default

Australia, cool!
Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 02-17-2018, 04:29 AM
sandgroper's Avatar
sandgroper sandgroper is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 3,474
Default

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Found a nice strip of paydirt there didja! I like hunting Schools for that very reason myself...good study of Human travel and drop zones!
Thanks, schools are a good source of clad!

Originally Posted by ME&MYACE400 View post
WOW, i love it
Thank you!

Originally Posted by kidlester View post
Australia, cool!
I agree!

__________________

Detectors: CTX 3030, X-Terra70, Pro-Find 25 Oldest Coin: 1866 English Penny
2018 totals: $1674.54AUD (599x$2, 314x$1, 95x50c, 253x20c, 323x10c, 427x5c, 309x2c, 461x1c) and 185 foreign, collectable or older Australian/English (pre-decimal) coins.
"Swing till your ears ring!"
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.