Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Forum Help & Announcements

Old 01-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Elite Member

Default Got an idea

This may be be dumb but how about a forum for Coinstar finds.....seems a lot of other users here find good stuff.....just a thought

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Ohiodigger View post
This may be be dumb but how about a forum for Coinstar finds.....seems a lot of other users here find good stuff.....just a thought
I agree, should be in the CRH section IMO. HH!

☆Gold-1~V's-3~Buff-8☆

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Supporter

Yeah! The "Bycatch Forum"! That would encompass Thrift store, G'sale, Junk day curb set out trophies, cans, towels, roadkill, dumpster, Coinstar, eyeball finds...Anything valuable a guy comes across while out hunting for metal...Hell, I found this forgotten jar of jam in a Supermarket cart for instance, stopping in on a morning after a hunt to redeem my ditch cans!!...The Wife pulled all this silver from a G'sale one morning while I was out looking for pennies!! I got this great chair on my way home from a hunt on junk day! I found this high dollar paddle laying longside the road at the beach! A brand new abandoned pop-up at a soccerfield which I fixed in about no time and resold, a dead Turkey, which I ate...It all adds up! Got some highdollar Keen sandals one year...Shoes, Coolers, whatever, anything of value...I suppose to qualify, you gotta be out with detecting being your Primary focus?...
Attached Images

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Last edited by Mud-puppy; 01-09-2018 at 01:09 PM.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Yeah! The "Bycatch Forum"! That would encompass Thrift store, G'sale, Junk day curb set out trophies, cans, towels, roadkill, dumpster, Coinstar, eyeball finds...Anything valuable a guy comes across while out hunting for metal...Hell, I found this forgotten jar of jam in a Supermarket cart for instance, stopping in on a morning after a hunt to redeem my ditch cans!!...The Wife pulled all this silver from a G'sale one morning while I was out looking for pennies!! I got this great chair on my way home from a hunt on junk day! I found this high dollar paddle laying longside the road at the beach! A brand new abandoned pop-up at a soccerfield which I fixed in about no time and resold, a dead Turkey, which I ate...It all adds up! Got some highdollar Keen sandals one year...Shoes, Coolers, whatever, anything of value...I suppose to qualify, you gotta be out with detecting being your Primary focus?...
I found 38 golf balls but l lost 49

Old 01-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by beerdoodle View post
I found 38 golf balls but l lost 49
Right! Golf balls are big money Bycatch!! Fast Easy mover at the yearly garage sale..a whole dman 5gal bucket full, with the bucket also being found in a ditch...yep theres $25! Easy!

Really frosts the Wifes biscuit though..I'm selling steady metal detecting bycatch finds, skateboards, softballs, dog toys, hotwheels, coats, hats, shoes, and jackets, and She's sitting there grumpy unnoticed and ignored behind a table full of Polish Pottery and BeanieBabies...! Its freaking hilarious! "All My Fault" for some reason!

I'm like Hey..it aint my fault nobody wants your dman plates or beanie babies, now excuse me, I gotta Lady over there sifting through my flipflops and beach towels..........
Attached Images

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ohiodigger View post
Carol and Vlad prefer a compact forum... I tend to agree... I find gold in parking lots so I get where you are going with this

Banned Spammers 788