My yard is a TREASURE TROVE!

DorkyDeric

Wow! I cannot believe what I have pulled out of my yard. I have Done about 75% of it, and I went over that part twice. I posted the first pic once already, but I am adding it again just to show how much I this area has yielded. I am just in awe. I have found items that I feel like are on many MD's checklists, and I am just over the moon about it!

1891 Indian Head penny
2.4 Gram 14k Gold charm
1953 .30-06 Bullet manufactured in Twin Cities
US Army Great Seal Button
2 Rings
About 15 Wheat Pennies
Then the other misc. cool things in the pictures

Attachments

• indianpenny.jpg
    indianpenny.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 589
  • bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 518
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 537
Congrats on the variety of finds in your own yard. That makes them even more special. Perhaps you can make a little shadow box to display everything in and hang it on the wall in your house.:yes:

Man, I wish my yard held such treasure, Iv'e got nothing but fill dirt from the mid eighties.
Congrats on all the great stuff right in your own yard!
I also like Waveoff's idea of a shadowbox, would look great in the house!

My yard was the same way. I've posted a few things, but never the whole group in one photo. I have everything displayed on a shelf. I've recovered older relics and coins elsewhere, but my yard is the best residential yard I've detected as far as both number and diversity of finds. (Of course, I've also spent more time on it than any other yard and returned to the same spots many times only to find new targets.) So, don't rush through it and don't just beep and dig. When you're on a spot where every decent signal has a chance of being something good, and there's no reason to hurry, then try different settings, swing from different directions and speeds, use different detectors or coils if you have them, and make some mental notes. Take that experience with you to other yards.

Last edited:
I took over 4 dollars in clad out of my yard and a pile of aluminum cans. Apparently they cans were dropped and then covered with fill. Still a few of them that I have not dug.

Back
Top Bottom