Happy Independence Day

Knottyoak

It's been 243 years now since the Colonials threw off the yoke of the British monarchy and started us on the path to becoming the greatest nation on earth.

Some of those intrepid souls were people of vision, some were just tired of the injustices of their government, and I imagine some of them just liked a good fight.

Whatever their reasons, I imagine they would all be surprised if they could come back and see what has been built on the foundation they laid.

God Bless America!

Well said. The modern politicians should read up on what those folks sacrificed and what they were willing to go through to make this happen.

Happy Independence Day to you, as well!

I am truly thankful for our country and freedom, as our freedom was not free, paid for by the lives of the men and women who died serving our country. God has truly blessed us with so much. :D

Independence Day... I like the title that was given to this special day in America. To me, it holds even more meaning than "the fourth of July." Yet however we choose to word it, the purpose of today remains the same: a reminder of the freedoms we've been blessed with, and the price at which they came. As an American, may I remain ever grateful for these liberties... grateful to those who sacrificed so I could enjoy them, and grateful to my Creator Who has so richly blessed our nation!

Back
Top Bottom